Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tested Over 100+ Supplements/Vitamins/Minerals, What Helped Me the Most.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested Over 100+ Supplements/Vitamins/Minerals, What Helped Me the Most.

Hi,

So I decided to take some of my time and create this thread, it might be very useful for a lot of you who're suffering with the dry eye. Over the last 10 years I've tested over 100 supplements/vitamins and minerals to see which ones can help with my dry eye issue, I have to say that with some of them you could potentially get rid of this problem, but it can come with some drawbacks.

From every supplement that I've tried here's a shortlist of supplements/vitamins/minerals that worked for dry eyes:

1st one:

Flaxseed oil

The one that worked the best was "Tesco Omega 3+6+9" the ingredients are:

Linseed Oil, Capsule Shell (Beef Gelatin, Glycerol, Triglycerides, Colours (Titanium Dioxide, Copper Chlorophyllin, Iron Oxide), Antioxidants (Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol)), Sesame Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Soya Lecithin, Rosemary Oil

~80% of it consists of Flaxseed (linseed oil) the other ~20% of a combination of oils, from trying many of them as stand alone the one that seems to work the best is Linseed Oil (Flaxeed oil).

You can ether try getting Flaxseed Oil as a stand alone or getting the above one that has some extra oils as well, if it's not available in your country check out some other brands there are many, only see to it that more then half is Flaxseed Oil.

It works better then fish oil, the drawback is that if you're taking a lot of it and over a long period of time, you might start getting acne. I recommend taking 3g a day ,1g tablet 3 times a day. You can start seeing instant effect in a day or two. I'm giving this remedy 5/5.

2nd one:

Zinc

Taking 25-50g a day should help a lot. I've been taking it over 5 years now, 10-50g a day, you can't be taking the maximum of 50g a day over extended period of time or you risk of developing kidney stones, I've been taking about 30g a day, and once I dial it back to a few grams in a few days dry eyes come back. You should start seeing the effect of Zinc relatively fast but not as fast as taking flaxseed/above supplement.

3rd one:

High doses of vitamin C

I recommend doing your own research before you start mega-dosing, I did mine. About 10g of Vitamin C a day helps a lot with the dry eyes, you can try taking it for a few weeks and see if it helps you, then try dialing it back.

4th one:

Magnolia Bark dry extract, seemed to help.

5th one:

Vitamin d3

Started taking it because of non eye related reasons, but was surprised that it improved my dry eyes as well, did some research and according to some studies it helps eye filter etc.

Extra one:

From a ton of different eye drops I tried the one that helped the most was "Artelac Rebalance", although it's nowhere near even in the realm of being as effective as flaxseed and zinc, just a small additional thing.

I'd recommend starting with the 3g of FlaxSeed and 50g of zinc, and then go from there. If after a week you don't see any improvement you can try doubling the FlaxSeed intake.

Hopefully you find this post helpful, good luck
    Last edited by RedEye71; 18-Sep-2018, 08:58.

I’ll give this a go and see if I see any improvement.
    Are the Tesco capsules good quality, because of heard that bad quality omega is bad for you.

Comment

Also should I try the FLAXSEED first to see if it takes any effect, then try the zinc otherwise I won’t know which one works

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
        I’ll give this a go and see if I see any improvement.
        Are the Tesco capsules good quality, because of heard that bad quality omega is bad for you.
        I hadn't had any problems so far.

Also should I try the FLAXSEED first to see if it takes any effect, then try the zinc otherwise I won’t know which one works
        Yes, that's a good idea.

Comment

RedEye71 - just out of curiosity, what made you go with the Tesco one. Have you tried any that are created for people with dry eyes e.g. TheraTears, Omega Eye....

Comment

Why is flaxseed oil better than Omega 3's?

Comment

Hi redeye71, thank you for your great post. Today I bought Flaxseed Oil, I hope that it will help me too.

In an article I read that a 2010 study by University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, showed that taking daily Fish Oil omega-3 supplement (450 mg EPA and 300 mg DHA), plus 1.000 mg of Flaxseed Oil, improves the production of tears.

I will try this combo, and I will give a feedback in a month.

Comment

Thanks Redeye71. I'm going to try lots of flaxseed oil -- I've flirted with all kinds of oil capsules, but it's all a crapshoot when you don't know what is doing what... Will get back here with results of first flaxseed, then zinc.

Comment

Hey all, I just want to say the flaxseed alone along with limiting alcohol intake has improved my eyes dramatically. I want to stack the zinc but they didn't have it at the store, but I can vouch for the flaxseed being a great help in the fight against dry eye. I also want to point out the 3g is about right for dosing.

I still do things like cleaning my eye lids every once in a while, but this seems to do the trick. The only thing is if I have more than a a couple of glasses of wine there is potential to mess up the system, but I'm very happy with this.

I've been suffering for over two years now and it by far is the best solution I've found. If anything changes, believe me I'll make an update.

Comment

Was unable to find Tesco Omega 3+6+9 in the USA. Would an alternative like NatureMade Triple Omega 3+6+9 be a good alternative?

Comment

I’d just like to say that a supplemented with most of these and they did absolutely nothing, absolute con

Comment

I’d just like to say that a supplemented with most of these and they did absolutely nothing, absolute con
                        What works for them may not work for you, they’re just sharing their experience and what has helped them. And it may very well help others too.

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t help you.

Comment

Any updates from anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by WillowTree View Post
                            Any updates from anyone?
                            RedEye71 , I am here to give an update. I'm currently taking this daily:
                            • Fish Oil 3000mg (990mg EPA, 660mg DHA)
                            • Vitamin D3 (2000 UI) (blood test certified that I had low levels of vitamin d (29 on a scale between 30 and 100).
                            • Probiotics (30 billion CFU / 15 strains, plus Zinc and Inulin). (studies says that probiotics improve dry eye symptoms)
                            I eat very clean with a lot of veggies and fruits, cooking with vitamin preserving methods. I am sure to get a good amount of vitamin A, B, C, D, E.
                            I'm also practicing cardio fitness 3/4 times at week.
                            I feel a lot better, not "cured" but a lot better. I see more tears on my eyelid. I have to do schirmer test again to measure the improvement.
                            I also tried Artelac Rebalance (that is one of the most expensive eye drops I tried) and it gives relief, but it contains a preservative. I would like to try the UD version but it doesn't exist here. Currently I can stay without eye drops and I want to avoid eye drops.

Thank you for your help, I will post further updates here.

Comment

What remedies will help with intestinal disorders ?

Comment

Working...
                              X