IPL seems to be working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL seems to be working!

I've had MGD for a couple years. I visited Dr. Laura Periman in Seattle because I knew she did IPL on both upper and lower lids. She recommended 4 sessions one month apart, with a follow-up around 6 months to 1 year (as needed). 2 weeks after my first IPL my eyes were noticeably better. I've now had a second IPL and they feel good and don't bother me most days.

She also gave me a list of ingredients to avoid in makeups. That has made a huge difference also. I could not find a moisturizer or mascara that didn't irritate my eyes. I can now wear Blinc tubing mascara and Trader Joes facial moisturizer w/SPF with no irritation.

She said I have ocular rosacea. She prescribed Xiidra and Olopatadine. And told me to take HydroEyes and N-Acetylcysteine IR/SR.

Thanks for the insight. What does N-acetylcysteine do? Thanks

Comment

I googled it and it's also prescribed for pink eye.

Comment

Thanks for posting. I am hoping to try IPL very soon. I have MGD. What is IR/SR?

Comment

Thanks for posting! How much does Dr. Periman charge for IPL?

Did you start taking any of Xiidra, Olopatadine, HydroEyes and N-Acetylcysteine IR/SR? I took HydroEyes for a couple months when my dry eye started but it was hard to tell if it helped.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaDawn View Post
            Thanks for posting. I am hoping to try IPL very soon. I have MGD. What is IR/SR?
            It's just part of the name of that pill. I'm not even sure what it's for.

Comment

Originally posted by anteloper View Post
              Thanks for posting! How much does Dr. Periman charge for IPL?

Did you start taking any of Xiidra, Olopatadine, HydroEyes and N-Acetylcysteine IR/SR? I took HydroEyes for a couple months when my dry eye started but it was hard to tell if it helped.
              She charges $395 for each IPL session.

Yes, I started all of them after seeing her. But I've been taking PRN fish oil capsules for a couple of years. Yah, I'm not sure if either PRN or the HydroEyes is helping, but I'm reluctant to stop and find out.

Comment

Why do some only do lower eyelids? Are the upper lids more dangerous? I also know that they have to be extremely careful to not allow any light at all into the eye/ cornea or can totally ruin your vision, which makes me cautious of IPL, do they have good safety measures for this?

Comment

When using IPL, they go around your eyes correct? You have eye shields on right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cadycat View Post
                    When using IPL, they go around your eyes correct? You have eye shields on right?
                    Yes, you have metal eye shields on under your eyelids. It's totally safe.

Comment

Working...
                    X