Accutane induced dry eye | OSDI 55+ to OSDI 0-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accutane induced dry eye | OSDI 55+ to OSDI 0-6

2006 i took accutane. Since i took this medication my eye problems started.
    In bad environmental conditions my eyes started to burn - It was okay to live with it.
    2019 my eyes got really bad OSDI 55+. Everything i did was pure torture.

Lipidlayer thickness: 65nm / 44nm (very bad on both eyes, most glands did not produce any oil)
    TBUT: 20+

I suffered for the end of 2019 and complete 2020. I was highly suicidal and i was sure i would not make my 35 birthday.
    I tried every eye drop and any possible therapy and spend thousands of dollars.

2021 i got into therapie and took Venlaflaxine for about 3-4 months (it only helped to reduce the pain). Damn guys i was sure this would not get any better any time.

Now end of 2021 my OSDI score is 0-6. It is this low for like 3-4 months. I was not sure about posting because i wanted to pass some time.
    Iam pretty sure i had neuralgia on the eyes. Every wind blow, everything instantly killed my eyes.

Start 2021 OSDI 55+
    Early 2021 OSDI 30
    Mid 2021 OSDI 14
    End (sep-dez) 2021 OSDI 0-6

I cant tell for sure. But what helped me was wearing really tight googles whenever possible (moisture goggles which allways got foggy).
    Additionally i took Corneregel EDO before sleep. Complete bottle pulled up the lower eyelid. Pushed down the drop and closed my eyes for the rest of the night.
    Every week it got very very slightly better. I did not took any eye drops during the day.

Now after 12 Months i have like 2-3 "bad days" a month. Bad days mean very very slight symptoms OSDI 10-12...
    Visiting a supermarket, wearing the mask for covid, watching tv... i have zero symptoms

What i also did but i dont know wheather it helped:
    - Took magnesium and selenium high dosage
    - Intermittment fasting for like 8 month

I hope for all of you it gets better. I really cant imagine of anything worse... it was pure torture and i hope for myself it will never comeback.

By the way tomorrow i get 35. So it is pretty certain i will make it!

That's awesome to hear! Interesting, I looked up the drops that you used every night and they contain dexpanthenol which is supposed to be able to help repair the cornea.
    I ordered myself some drops that also contain dexpanthenol (Hylo Care) hopefully they'll arrive soon.

keep us up to date with how you're doing

Comment

Hello, any updates? Hope you are still doing well!

Comment

Working...
      X