How I solved my ocular rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I solved my ocular rosacea

Hey! I wanted to jump on here to share how I figured out what caused my ocular rosacea + how I got out of it. I really hope it will help some because I know how painful it is.

I am a 25 yo male from Canada, and I consulted my optometrist 5 years ago because of eye dryness + blepharitis, and she gave me treatments as follow;
    • Cliradex wipes whenever I had a crisis (very strong moments of eye dryness)
    • Warm compresses each night + ocular massage
    • Clean your eyelids every morning
    • 3X per day fish oil pills
    • Conservatives-free eye drops any time I felt like it
    And she advised to watch “gluten and dairy”.

But those were not doing it. I still had “crisis” almost everyday, and the soothing effect of an eye drop was gone after 15 min.

Last summer I found out I had mold in my bathroom (some in my bath tub and some under my toilet) so I cleaned all of it with bleach and made sure it never came back. My symptoms were going away as days went by. I had a wonderful period of a month where I could say I was healed.

I always felt like some food triggered my symptoms as well; coffee, milk, cereals, peanuts/peanut butter, oats, bread. And I figured out later they all contain mycotoxins (product of mold). So it all made sense to me.

But then, it came back and I couldn’t figure out why. And recently, I decided to stop the use of melatonin. And then my eyes are doing well since.

Summing up, here’s how I solve my ocular rosacea;
    • I make sure to have a mold free environment (clean bathroom, fridge (food can be moldy), garbage bin regularly). I vacuum, clean my bedsheets + towels regularly.

Now for the food ....
    • I switched my coffee to a mold-free coffee (there’s many brands out there)
    • I replaced peanut butter to almond butter
    • I replaced milk with oat milk
    And most important
    • No melatonin. It seems to trigger my ocular rosacea for days, even for weeks.
    • No sleeping pills (those created inflammation for me as well)
    I really hope this will help. I feel for everyone here that struggles with it, it was a long and exhausting journey for me.

Let me know if that makes sense to you.

Hello and sorry for not responding sooner!

I really enjoyed reading your story. This is very helpful. I found it very interesting about melatonin and sleep remedies. That's a challenging area, because getting sufficient sleep is so important, but then... sleep aids can make things worse too.

And good for you for the mold detective work!!!

Thank you for sharing - it's so important to hear from people who are doing better, and why!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X