Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective (and cheap) moisture chamber glasses

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add what has been helping during this time where Lacrisert has been out of production. It is moisture chamber glasses but not as you know it : ).

More than a year ago, I bought the expensive Ziena Nereus (https://www.zienaeyewear.com/collect...roducts/nereus). It is the largest one available (in terms of the silicon length), however it wasn't large enough. Maybe it's because I'm skinny and/or moderatly tall, however it just did not reach my face.

Initially I tried sticking pieces of kitchen sponge foam clothes to the outer area of the glasses, essentially trying to do what Ziena was doing except making it longer so it reaches my face. There was some success however it rots very quickly (brownish color), and also the pieces become humid and the tape starts to fall off.

Now comes the success, and you can do this with any cheap glasses, no need to purchase Ziena! First you will need glasses that have a thick frame where there is at least 1cm of width to put some tape on it. What I did was use tape around the frames and cut out variable lengths so it reaches my face, and voila it worked! It's a lot cleaner, easier to replace, and much cheaper.

I have attached screenshots of the glasses.

I hope others can have success from this approach. I know there are some "easier" options like getting snug goggles and buying a cheap RX "adapter" that goes inside, however I can't do this option as the area around my eyes is extremely sensitive. It's very painful and doesn't stand pressure. It's so bad that I can't sleep on the left side because of this sensitivity, not more than a few hours or being in pain the next morning : ).

If there are any questions please ask, I hope this can help someone else!

Regards,
    Hussain
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Very innovative! Thanks for posting.

Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X