Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 stage healing

Hi,

First of all I want to state that I have no physiological problem in my meibomain glands. And that's why this worked for me. If you have damaged meibomian glands, most probably this will not work for you. By the way, I have PCOS and allergy.

My problem was MGD. I had healthy meibomian glands but there was not enough oil discharge and because of this, the water layer was evaporating too quickly. I tried almost everything but nothing worked for me. I went lots of doctors but they did not understand the reason behind my dry eye problem.

Also, doctors couldn't see a clear infection or demodex evidence. I had no option other than trying some things by myself. They were just giving eyedrops. What I tried:

1- 3 days azyter treatment (twice a day)

After this, the burning sensation fell dramatically.

2- Allergy treatment ( 10 days zyrtec- once a day)

Although doctors said that the problem is not related to my allergy it worked very well and decreased the light sensitivity. Because I believe that even if you don't have a serious allergy problem, your tear film changes due to dryness and it makes your eyes more open to mild allergies. Maybe your eyes hadn't been affected before, but due to an unhealthy tear film, your eyes can be easily affected now.

3- Hormonal treatment ( birth control pills)

I was not using birth control pills for 4 years. Although I had PCOS 13 years, I was told that it will disappear after giving birth. My periods were regular so I did not use. But how could I know that this hormonal imbalance in my body would affect even my eyes.

After completing the stage three, the oily layer started to discharge properly. Yes it did not disappear completely but I had burning sensation and redness almost every day, now it fell to 1-2 days a month and this saved my life. I can say that I am 90% better now.

This is my strory. I hope it helps.

BTW: The most important advice that I got from here is:
    This is an aggressive disease and you should react quickly.

Hi, So are you now on Birth Control and it has helped your eyes?

I am 31, not on any form of birth control, never have been. Normal regular periods. I often wonder if my mgd and dry eye is connected to my hormones.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma90 View Post
      Hi, So are you now on Birth Control and it has helped your eyes?

I am 31, not on any form of birth control, never have been. Normal regular periods. I often wonder if my mgd and dry eye is connected to my hormones.
      Hi,
      yes I have been on birth control since April. After giving birth I had regular periods too and I thought pcos was gone. But it showed itself in this way. Regular periods doesn’t always mean you have hormonal balance. Also, there is a study that shows pcos and mgd is correlated, you can find it with a google search.
      That’s why I’ve tried this and thankfully it worked.

Comment

This gave me hope! I also have mgd my glands are open but they dont produce enough oil and i always had allergic and sensitive eyes. Lately it started to affect my water layer too by evaporation.

Comment

breathin can you share What type of birth control pills were you prescribed? Im asking for a specific combination of the hormones. I also have PCOS and I Heard birth control pills make dry eye worse, especially those with drospirenon

Comment

Working...
          X