AARP magazine article "A Crying Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AARP magazine article "A Crying Shame"

Other than the Wall Street Journal article last May this is the biggest media feature of dry eye that I've seen this year so I'm really pleased to see it! It's in the November/December issue of AARP Magazine.

"The Dry Eye Remedy" is mentioned very early in the article (yay!) and Dr. Latkany is quoted quite a bit.

Cited causes of dry eye include medical conditions (rosacea, allergies, diabetes, Sjogrens syndrome - though I think the heading "Fix these first" could have been more aptly phrased ) and medical treatments (allergy pills, diuretics, beta blockers, anti depressants, sleeping pills, Botox, and LASIK surgery!)

The focus of the first half of the article is on home remedies, which was a refreshing change from "educational" articles that go straight to the drugstore. There is a lot of good advice. Then they cover eyedrops and they did a good job of warning people about preservatives and redness relievers. Wish they'd linked to DEZ but can't have everything and I'm pleased to see that they linked to agingeye.net which is a very good site.

Public awareness is on the rise. Coverage in influential publications like this will lead to more coverage.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hello, Rebecca!

....will there be any update on the pipeline-site anytime soon? Just very curious about what is going on in the medical world...

Toril

Comment

Sorry Toril - had some technical difficulty as a result of which I've not been able to access certain website pages to edit lately. Working on it and should have them updated shortly.

As you've probably noticed my news updates ebb and flow... I go through some periods where I have to focus on other projects and then I go through a flurry of updates. Will be blogging a bit this afternoon so you'll see more news there.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

OK... Clinical trials page is PARTIALLY updated. The rest will have to wait till end of next week. I'm leaving this weekend for Boston to get a new left lens and see what's new in the world of sclerals.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

...thank youuuuu, Rebecca :-) Have a good trip to Boston.

Greetings from freezing Norway,

Toril

Comment

Working...
          X