Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress report

Hi everyone
    Just thought I would let you know how it is going. As usual I am loathe to say that it is fine because sods law dictates that I will now endure a week of pain!
    However it is still quite good and this is now nearly 3 months in what are usually my worst of times i.e. cold weather and high central heating.
    I still know that I have some problems and feel the odd symptom but in comparison to a year ago it is a massive improvement. I like to think that it has been a general healing process that is still going on after 2 years since Lasik and I think for all similar sufferers this has to be the optimum solution.
    When I first started there was talk of 6 months healing period, then I read a lot about 18 months and when you pass those landmarks it can be very diiscouraging. Reading Dr. Latkanys piece on possible regrowth after 5 years should give hope to everyone.

I have tried everything so it is difficult to pin point what has made the difference but one simple tip from Dr. Latkanys book relieved a lot of my pain.
    I have mentioned it before but if it helps..... I traditionally sat in the chair in the window observing the world going by. This chair was directly opposite the door into the room and was obviously in the path of the air current. After reading the book I changed my seat and noticed a difference almost immediately and if I sit there now for any reason i can feel the difference.
    Just a little thing but they can make a massive difference. The other thing was to keep the central heating as low as my cold blooded wife would let me!
    Anyway, I will keep you informed and wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and pain free New Year
    God Bless
    Barry

Bruce
    Great news that you are better -
    We are doing pretty well in GB - 3 of us have now reported improvements ie you ,Prattstar and me and maybe Sazi ?- I really hope so
    And all this improvement despite being under the NHS !!

Comment

Barry and Stella, glad to hear from both. Apparently doing well, that is good news.

Barry, be sure and post often to let us know how you're doing.

Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Hangus
        The other thing was to keep the central heating as low as my cold blooded wife would let me!
        Same as me.....and in the car also.

A couple of years ago my friends used to visit me and complain it was too hot in my house.....I liked the heating way up! Now it's the exact opposite!

My wife is good though, she doesn't complain, she just goes and puts on a cardigain. Bless her!

Ian.

Comment

Great news Barry

I am pleased that you are finally able to report good things.

I know exactly what you mean about the reporting good news one day only to suffer the next. Well, I have bucked the tradition also.

I continue to have more better days, I still know that I have a problem but it can get to the end of the day now and I realize that I haven't obsessed with my eyes all day - has to be a good thing.

Long may it continue for both of us.

Warm regards

Ian

Comment

Sorry Barry - I called you Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by stella
              Sorry Barry - I called you Bruce
              You must have been thinking about me
              Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Yes Bruce I was mixing you up with Barry
                -I tend to identify more with those of us who post from UK
                No offense to our wonderful helpful American friends
                But i think we are so much more handicapped in the UK 'cos of such an unhelpful inefficient NHS, and treatments here are so limmited, and we have so few good dry eye ophthalmologists and drug and treatment options
                All this frustration compounds our problems and makes it like an obstacle course to get the treatment we need and deserve
                Still we are not doing too badly if you go by improvement results
                Where is Sazi by the way? Hope no news is good news
                and i hope Ian P is still doing OK despite his latest corneal erotion
                Have a good Christmas everybody

Comment

Working...
                X