nutrition benefit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutrition benefit

For what it's worth, I just wanted to report my vastly improved symptoms in the last week or more. I've been trying to narrow down what has helped me and it all seems to point to large doses of vitamin c helping to control my inflammation and discomfort. I know high dose C doesn't help a lot of people but it seems to work really well for me!

My doctor thought originally that I simply had allergies and perscribed me anti-histamine drops. Coincidentally I then started taking high doses of C, as I had read anecdotal evidence that it helped. My symptoms and comfort at work improved a lot, leading to me not having to take drops at all during the day - a huge plus! I was then properly diagnosed with DE and started back on the usual drops and gels and got slack on taking the C, believing that my eye doc was giving me a better solution. Things went down hill again.

I am pleased to say I have been back on the C again for a week or more and things feel great. I had the best weekend I've had in weeks! While DE will still be an issue for me, I think the nutrition path really works well for me for day to day management.

2-3000mg \day Vitamin C
    2 or 3 Fish oil or flaxseed tabs \day
    Multi vitamin

Jamie
    Last edited by jads; 16-Dec-2007, 21:42.
    Jamie

Originally posted by jads
    For what it's worth, I just wanted to report my vastly improved symptoms in the last week or more. I've been trying to narrow down what has helped me and it all seems to point to large doses of vitamin c helping to control my inflammation and discomfort. I know high dose C doesn't help a lot of people but it seems to work really well for me!

My doctor thought originally that I simply had allergies and perscribed me anti-histamine drops. Coincidentally I then started taking high doses of C, as I had read anecdotal evidence that it helped. My symptoms and comfort at work improved a lot, leading to me not having to take drops at all during the day - a huge plus! I was then properly diagnosed with DE and started back on the usual drops and gels and got slack on taking the C, believing that my eye doc was giving me a better solution. Things went down hill again.

I am pleased to say I have been back on the C again for a week or more and things feel great. I had the best weekend I've had in weeks! While DE will still be an issue for me, I think the nutrition path really works well for me for day to day management.

2-3000mg \day Vitamin C
    2 or 3 Fish oil or flaxseed tabs \day
    Multi vitamin

Jamie
    Jamie:

How long did you take this higher dose of vitamin C before you noticed improvement?

Thanks.

Randal

Comment

I was always under the impression that vitamin C in large doses is pointless?

Comment

Working...
      X