I found the cause of my dry eyes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the cause of my dry eyes!

I have been away for this forum for more than a year. I've struggled with depression, pain, frustration and hopelesness. For 4 years I suffered from the most excruciating eye pain ever and the doctors debated between the LASIK operation and an autoinmune disorder to be the cause of my exteme dryness (none of them with a solution at sight)

Finally, last year I had I breakthrough! A friend gave my a book about natural cures and I read about Chronic candida yeast infection. As it turns out, candida can be the trigger for autoinmune conditions such as Sjogren's (which apparently I had, although it wasn't diagnosed).

When I read all of the sypmtoms associated with candida I was shocked to see that I had almost all of them so I started treating my self against the fungus with strong probiotics and supplements like garlic extract, flaxseed oil, olive leaf extract, etc.

Amazingly, my eyes have improved up to a 65%, in other words to the point that I don't have to wear the googles anymore!!! I was skeptical at the begining, it was too good to be true, so I kept trying it for all of this time (almost 2 years and little by litte things are getting back to when I was o.k.). I've improved to the point that I enrolled in college again to get an accountant's degree.

I couldn't keep this breakthrough to myself so I am sharing this information with others that might find it useful. I hope that many of my fellow DES sufferers can find relief just as I did.

If you need to contact me, feel free to write my personal e-mail (jessicaadams72@yahoo.com) since I don't enter the site as often as before.

Blessings to all and good health,

Jessica Adams

Hi Jessica,

Wow, it is such great news that you are finally getting some relief. You have been through so much, you definitely deserve it. I hope that your improvement continutes, and good luck with your classes. Im so happy for you!!!

-Shells

Comment

congratulation to u!! im very very happy for u
      I hope that santa clause has something for each one of us this christmass
      so u really believe its the anti-candida which as proved effective?
      'coz im currently in a probiotic treatment for 2 months now.. and up til now, i can't say i have seen a difference..
      should i persist with it?
      If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much for your good wishes.

When I started the probiotics I began feeling much better, then when the die off effect kicked in my eyes were more dry than ever. I had to repeat myself that the discomfort was related to the actual healing that was taking place so that I could persevere during the treatment.

If candida is contributing to your dry eye problems, and if you've had the condition for many years as I did, it will take a long while for you to start seing results. In my case it took me little more than a year and a half to improve to the point where I am. Additionally I've experience a lot of other bonuses, including growing new hair after 10 years of miserable hairloss.

I hope this information is usefull and cheers to good health.

Jessica.

Comment

Jessica Adams, sometimes previous posters disappear from here without explanation.
          I always imagine in my heart-of-hearts that it is because they have somehow found a solution to their dry eye problems . . but I worry that perhaps they've just lost hope.

However, your return here this week is extremely uplifting, especially for those posters who are currently in a place of despair.
          YOUR answer may not necessarily be THEIR answer (but maybe, just maybe, it is!!!!)

Thank you for your generosity in offering to serve as an informational resource.

I wish you the best of luck in your college studies -- and of course, I wish you continued good health in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica Adams View Post
            Finally, last year I had I breakthrough!...

Amazingly, my eyes have improved up to a 65%, in other words to the point that I don't have to wear the googles anymore!!! ...

I've improved to the point that I enrolled in college again to get an accountant's degree.
            Jessica, I am SO happy for you. This is wonderful. You have been through so much and it's just a delight to hear of things going better for you. And thank you very much for letting others know - we all need this kind of encouragement.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Are you on a special diet?

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much for your kind words. You all have a speciall place in my heart because I found a lot of support during all of the years of pain in this forum.

Susant: I am on a low carbohidrate diet and absolutelly no refined sugars although during these holiday days I've been eating a little of them (just a little ).

Lots of hugs,

Jessica.

Comment

That's great news, Jessica. Thanks for keeping us updated! Merry Christmas!
                  Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi I was wondering if you could describe your diet, I have looked at many different websites and they are all different.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in answering

My diet has been basically no refined sugar and low carbohidrates.

I was on a very strick diet for two years. I am finally eating bread, corn and other starchy vegetables, but I still avoid refined sugars. I use stevia swetener instead.

Hope this helps.

Jessica.

Comment

That's the cause of my dry eye too!! and i'm feeling so much better

Comment

Hi what are the symptoms of chronic candida?

thanks
                          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

hello, Jessica, do you have any other symptoms besides dry eyes? Do you have any bowel complaints whatsoever or have IBS, these are very common things. I just recently found out the cause of my MGD, i also thought that I had Candida albicans at one time, but I've now come to believe that my cause of MGD was actually fructose malabsorption. which is the inability of the small intestine to absorb the fructose sugar. this occurs because the absorpitive cells that line the small intestine called Enterocytes usually produce a transport protein called GLUT5, which carries the fructose sugar molecules through the intestinal wall, but in Fructose malabsorption it has become inactive or no longer functions. when the fructose sugar is not successfully absorbed at the beginning of the small intestine, it ends up creating an Osmotic effect, which means it pulls water back into the intestine along with the fructose sugar which can cause a whole host of problems, e.g. vitamin, mineral deficiency's also a great amount of the food is also malabsorbed, this is because it speeds up transit time, or how fast food moves through the small intestine, not giving the intestine enough time to absorb the food or nutrients completely. also, a protein deficiency can also cause puffy eyelids.

also, Table sugar as you mentioned is made up of two sugar molecules, one glucose molecule and one Fructose molecule bonded. maybe you should consider looking up fructose malabsorption, i found it quite interesting.

rhad
                            Last edited by rhad; 21-Mar-2009, 22:10.

Comment

Working...
                            X