Getting better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting better

I went for another check up to see how I'm doing, and I am doing much better. My routine is Systane eye drops, Pataday drops, and Restasis. I also have lower punctal plugs. Though my Doc did say my eyes were much better but not perfect. The doc said she's pleased and very glad things seem to be working because we're staring to near the end of solutions. Anyways...I still cannot wear my soft contacts sadly but I am going to try to get into RGP's. If that doesn't work there is always the possibility of doing dissolve able upper plugs so I can wear soft contacts. We'll see how that works out, but for now I am happy to hear that I am doing much better! Here's hoping that the contact issue won't be a huge struggle.

If I were you I would stop wearing contact lenses immediately as they cause dry eyes.

Comment

Rgp

I am very interested to hear how the RGP's work for you. I am told that my eyes don't appear to be too bad according to the tests the eye doctor performs. I still, however, cannot get accustomed to wearing glasses all the time. You can call it vanity because I had worn contacts for so many years and have always hated the glasses. I would love to tryp RGP's because the soft lenses have not worked at all for me. They further dry out the eyes.

Comment

THat's great to hear!! I use to wear RPG's until dry eyes made it unbearble. I couldn't tolerate the lens in my eyes, but I realized that RPG's helped decrease my menthol sensation; it was a tradeoff. I couldn't stand the lens, so I stopped wearing them.

I hope that you find a good pair of RPGs to wear comfortably. A word of advice though, many optometrists are very bad at fitting RPGs because they had little experience with it. Look for a good optometrist who specializes in fitting hard to fit patients and specialty lenses or keratoncus patients. Prior to severe dry eye, I found a significant difference in RPG comfort depending on how skilled the optometrist was.

Also, have you thought of trying synergeyes?

Good luck!

Comment

You really soud like you are doing so much better, I would hate to see you have to go through such bad dry eye again from the contacts. You may want to avoid them. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X