Continued Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued Improvement

Went to yet another eye doc yesterday----I always need somebody to monitor my condition and be available if I have a flare-up. My other doc retired!

Still good news. He said that after reviewing my records over the last 2 years, he was expecting much worse (I think he only read the top sheet of a stack 1 cm thick---but anyway....). He said he was amazed at how good the ocular surface looked--very few of those little punctate what-evers.

When he asked about what I do for my eyes, I described the rice baggy, the eye spa, genteal gel, the tranquileyes, etc. I said I was using FreshKote---and he gave a typical reply---"well, it can't hurt..." (meaning, the drop has no special curative qualities; it's like all the other OTC drops). Then he asked how often I use the drops, and when I replied that I used them only 2-3 times a day, he stopped me----saying he could could hardly believe it---he said his other dry eye patients are using drops continually all day long and are still miserable. But for me, my eyes don't bother me much at all.

I've been using FreshKote now for about 10 months, and while I don't want to sound like an advertisement here, I really do feel like it's a bit part of my recovery. The doc also mentioned that my meibomian gland oil was thickened---but not "white"---said it was a good sign that I didn't have any inflammation or blepharitis. No doctor has ever commented about that before.

So I think I like this guy----he notices things, and shares them with me. And it's a reinforcement for me----all the work (and hassle) of doing the warm compresses, lid cleaning, oil expression has been helping my eyes, apparently. Sometimes, I think I'm just being obsessive-compulsive about my "eye routine," but now that I hear some positive comments and observations from the doctor, it would seem that "it's all worth it."

Calli

Glad to hear things are working for you, Calli. If Freshkote is your best drop, best to stick with it. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Great to hear about your continued improvement!! Shows us that we need to be anal about our eye routine. Haha.

What's the difference between Freshkote and Dwell/Dakrina?

Comment

FreshKote is pretty much Dwelle with some sort of lipid added---"Amisol Clear" ---whatever that is. I still have a bottle of Dwelle that I use sometimes when I'm out, and I do notice it feels a little different than FreshKote.

Dakrina has a slightly different percentage of the hydrolized polyvinyl alcohol compounds (I think....anyway, that's what I remember from the last time I read about Dr. Holly's drops). I haven't tried it in a really long time, but I did notice a difference from Dwelle. Can't describe it, though.

Being "anal" about the eye routine---yes, it gets old! Sometimes, I just want to skip the whole thing for awhile. Usually, I'm OK if I skip occasionally, but not more than a couple of days in a row.

Calli

Comment

I have tried both Dakrina and Dwelle, and cannot tolerate them. Or any of the others which are OTC.

FreshKote is amazing, however, and I use it every day. It has helped quite a bit and I am so glad to have found it here. Thanks, guys!

Comment

Working...
          X