Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently undergoing IPL treatment for redness (and dry eye)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently undergoing IPL treatment for redness (and dry eye)

Hello everyone, I have been suffering from dry eyes for over two years now and I found the best treatment that is effective and easy. It's called IPL Intense Pulse Light. I saw my doctor this morning in Beverly Hills and after the treatment was over my eyes were bright white. I have never seen my eyes so white for so long. I almost teared up. Anyway, IPL is a new treatment in the market right now and only a few doctors are fully trained to do this procedure. The cost is quite expensive, however, I feel that its is trully worth the investment towards better health.

My doctor, Dr. Rolando Toyos is amazing. He trully is knowledgable about what treatment is best for each patient. I have dry eye syndrom as well as MGD and from the first treatment I saw results instantly. It was so cool and the experience was thrilling. He has a few articles published online just search for his name and you should be able to locate his articles. He is a world renowned eye doctor and he trully is amazing. If you have any questions feel free to contact me with any questions.

I am so happy this treatment works. I have 3 more treatments to go and I am looking forward in seeing more results in the next few months. Take care everyone!

Hmmm...

There are several people on this board who are doing this procedure but their results and feedback has been more circumspect than yours.

I find it interesting that this is your first and only post to this board and you did it under three separate forum topics. To be honest, I really don't find it interesting, I find it suspicious.

How is it that you are claiming to be healed after one treatment? I certainly hope that you are indeed a real patient. Otherwise, there are many folks here that would be disappointed. Very disappointed.

Gretchen

Comment

I think someone got paid...

Comment

(Deleted, after direct contact with the poster)
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I am so angry why I am being targeted in the forum about my integrity and legitimacy. The reason why I posted it in the tree different topics was to spread the word. I guess I made a mistake. However, I am here to share my experience and help others and have no negative intentions. I am a 20 year old student and I have way more things to do than to make up stories and waste my time over a forum trying to mess people's heads. I am being completely honest and sincere about my treatment with IPL. I feel so discouraged now given that people question my legitamacy.

ATTN: REBECCA--- I left you a message Rebecca so feel free to contact me. I have plenty of evidence to prove that I did get the treatment with Dr. Toyos.

Comment

Thank you for following up, I appreciate it. Definitely wouldn't want anyone hounded off the board wrongly. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. Haven't checked my voicemail today but if you left a number I'll give you a call.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca -

Please let us know the verdict : )

Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by abercrombie003 View Post
                I am so angry why I am being targeted in the forum about my integrity and legitimacy. The reason why I posted it in the tree different topics was to spread the word. I guess I made a mistake. However, I am here to share my experience and help others and have no negative intentions. I am a 20 year old student and I have way more things to do than to make up stories and waste my time over a forum trying to mess people's heads. I am being completely honest and sincere about my treatment with IPL. I feel so discouraged now given that people question my legitamacy.

ATTN: REBECCA--- I left you a message Rebecca so feel free to contact me. I have plenty of evidence to prove that I did get the treatment with Dr. Toyos.
                Don't be angry or defensive, just realize that broadcasting your message in such a way to people dealing and struggling with conditions like the ones we have may not be received the way you intended it to be. If your message is really one of unbridled joy, I'll be thrilled to hear from you in 3 months when you're still doing great.

But please, continue to post updates on your progress. Are you at 100% after one treatment? Have any symptoms returned? Please post updates after future treatments.

Realize that we've all been promised that doing "this" or "that" will make it better, but clearly from our presence on this board, that has not been the case.

Comment

This is a real person who meant well by his post. Sorry we jumped on you, AC. Please do keep us updated.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

sorry,

I have read things like that on other boards, people who just meet this great doctor and now they feel so fine, and that is the only thing they wrote.

let us know how you feel after the treatments.

Comment

I will keep everyone updated on my progress

Attn: Rebecca---sorry for not returning your call. I have been so busy with graduation and work.

It has been been about 4 days now since my visit with Dr. Toyos in Beverly Hills. I guess I was overly excited on my first posting given that several people thought that I was some 'fake' poster or viral marketer. I just want everyone to know that I am real and my story and experience is as authentic as it can be. I am also not being paid to write my experience on here. Sorry in advance if I am not of a good writer but I'll definitely try my best.

On the other hand, after the first treatment wit the IPL, Dr. Toyo's assistant told me too look at the mirror and see my eyes for the very first time after the IPL. When I looked at myself I was so amazed at the results. As I have mentioned, my main concerns were the redness and bloodshot vessels in my eyes. My eyes before looked as if I was up all night partying or on drugs. It was so red from the day I wake up in the morning to the time I go to sleep. I actually have never seen my eyes so white for over 2 and half years and that's why I was overly excited with joy.

My experience at Dr. Toyos office in Beverly Hills was amazing. The staff was very patient and very friendly. After filling out a few papers I was called to have my free consulation with Dr. Toyos. After carefully reviewing every regimen and eyedrop I have used in the past he then proceeded to look at my eyes and see what could be done and determine if I was a great candidate for the IPL treatment. After discussing my previous treatments and medications I have used he did state that I was a candidate for the treatment. He said that my skin will also benefit from the treatment since I do have mild acne. I was very excited to try it out since I have been searching for a doctor that will actually do something about as far as utilizing modern technology rather than prescribing me some more medications and eyedrop. Although the cost is quite expensive $375 per treatment. After 20 minutes of waiting in my room he took me to the other room next door to start my treatment. I was sat down on the chair while he placed two white covers or pads to protect my eyes from the light. After that, he used ultra sound gel on the equipment he used on my eyes. The first spot he treated was amazing. It was not painful to the extreme but you can feel the strong heat on your skin. Given that I had sensitive skin, each spot he treatment I jumped. I felt like I was being electricuted slowly but not in a bad way since each time he click on the light on my skin, I would jump. It was so random. I was so comfortable and at ease. His assistant even held my hand for support. This lasted for about 10-15 minutes max. I actually wished he would have did it longer and treated more areas since I was told that IPL was good for the skin. The doctor did explain that using IPL helps liquify the toothpaste looking oils on the eyelid.

After the IPL, we went back to the examination room and he excreted out the toothpaste looking oils with a q-tip on my lower eyelids. It was not painful at all. This procedure lasted about 5-10 mintures. Then he put some eyedrops on my eyes and after that I was out of the office. I was recommended to change a few things such as, consuming salmon, red grapes, drink plenty of water, avoid the sun, sunscreen, and to stop whatever I was doing before including eye lid scrubs and warm compress. He also put me on lotemax and xibrom. First of all, Xibrom is so expensive if your insurance does not cover it. I paid 200 dollars for a 5ml bottle. My wallet was so dead. LOL.... MY eyes were fine atfter I left. I was even able to drive back home 1 and hald hours away. However the next day my eyes were abit red but not as much as before. The only main changes so far is that my eyes do not feel as dry. They feel much better. I will be seeing Dr. Toyos in July so I will keep everyone updated.

OVer the past 2 years and a half, I have seen abouit 4 different opthalmogist in which made no difference as far as alleviating my dry eyes/ MGD. I was put on restasis, azasite, eye oinments, alrex, allergy tablets, punctual plugs on four of my ducs. I even went and purchased a humidifier. Over the years I have consistently kept my routine that includes eye lid scrubs twice a day, warm compress, flaxseed, fish oil, etc... As a result, nothing changed for the better. My eyes has continuously been dry, red, irritated and bloodshot.

In brief, my eye condition started when I was on accutane. In fact, I have veen on 3 courses on accutane which I believe has contributed tremendously with my dry eyes. In addition, taking isotrenenoin (accutane) causes dry eyes. Since I was on it for three years for about 5 months per course I ignored using artificial tears since at the time, my eyes were really bothering me. After taking my last course on accutane, my dry eyes went down hill.

Comment

Hi abercrombie003

Living in the UK, we can only look across the pond with envy at what is going on in the US. We are still at the stage where we are battling to have our condition taken seriously.

Thanks for the posting; let's hope things continue to improve for you. I know this will not work for everyone but the more positive reports we hear, the more we all dare to have hope.

I could cope with what you refer to as a `dead wallet' if my eyes were better.

Comment

Hi AC -

First off, let me say that I am sorry for questioning your authenticity. Your first post sounded suspect to a board veteran like me, but your second is good and gels with what a lot of other folks on here that have gone to Dr Toyos have reported. Plus Rebecca gives you the thumbs up and there is no better endorsement than that...

Second, welcome! We are glad to hear someone else on here besides Autumnn and Sazy that are going to Dr Toyos. I am sorry to hear about your 2.5 years of problems. Accutane seems to be a common cause/catalyst for MGD on this board. I am glad to hear that Dr Toyos thinks that he can help people with Accutane damaged MGs because I have always understood that Accutane causes MG atrophy.

Please keep us updated on your treatment and how you are feeling. From the others' reports it seems that Dr Toyos thinks that 4-6 treatments are required for appropriate remission.

Regards,
                          Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by abercrombie003 View Post
                            I will keep everyone updated on my progress

Attn: Rebecca---sorry for not returning your call. I have been so busy with graduation and work.

It has been been about 4 days now since my visit with Dr. Toyos in Beverly Hills. I guess I was overly excited on my first posting given that several people thought that I was some 'fake' poster or viral marketer. I just want everyone to know that I am real and my story and experience is as authentic as it can be. I am also not being paid to write my experience on here. Sorry in advance if I am not of a good writer but I'll definitely try my best.

On the other hand, after the first treatment wit the IPL, Dr. Toyo's assistant told me too look at the mirror and see my eyes for the very first time after the IPL. When I looked at myself I was so amazed at the results. As I have mentioned, my main concerns were the redness and bloodshot vessels in my eyes. My eyes before looked as if I was up all night partying or on drugs. It was so red from the day I wake up in the morning to the time I go to sleep. I actually have never seen my eyes so white for over 2 and half years and that's why I was overly excited with joy.

My experience at Dr. Toyos office in Beverly Hills was amazing. The staff was very patient and very friendly. After filling out a few papers I was called to have my free consulation with Dr. Toyos. After carefully reviewing every regimen and eyedrop I have used in the past he then proceeded to look at my eyes and see what could be done and determine if I was a great candidate for the IPL treatment. After discussing my previous treatments and medications I have used he did state that I was a candidate for the treatment. He said that my skin will also benefit from the treatment since I do have mild acne. I was very excited to try it out since I have been searching for a doctor that will actually do something about as far as utilizing modern technology rather than prescribing me some more medications and eyedrop. Although the cost is quite expensive $375 per treatment. After 20 minutes of waiting in my room he took me to the other room next door to start my treatment. I was sat down on the chair while he placed two white covers or pads to protect my eyes from the light. After that, he used ultra sound gel on the equipment he used on my eyes. The first spot he treated was amazing. It was not painful to the extreme but you can feel the strong heat on your skin. Given that I had sensitive skin, each spot he treatment I jumped. I felt like I was being electricuted slowly but not in a bad way since each time he click on the light on my skin, I would jump. It was so random. I was so comfortable and at ease. His assistant even held my hand for support. This lasted for about 10-15 minutes max. I actually wished he would have did it longer and treated more areas since I was told that IPL was good for the skin. The doctor did explain that using IPL helps liquify the toothpaste looking oils on the eyelid.

After the IPL, we went back to the examination room and he excreted out the toothpaste looking oils with a q-tip on my lower eyelids. It was not painful at all. This procedure lasted about 5-10 mintures. Then he put some eyedrops on my eyes and after that I was out of the office. I was recommended to change a few things such as, consuming salmon, red grapes, drink plenty of water, avoid the sun, sunscreen, and to stop whatever I was doing before including eye lid scrubs and warm compress. He also put me on lotemax and xibrom. First of all, Xibrom is so expensive if your insurance does not cover it. I paid 200 dollars for a 5ml bottle. My wallet was so dead. LOL.... MY eyes were fine atfter I left. I was even able to drive back home 1 and hald hours away. However the next day my eyes were abit red but not as much as before. The only main changes so far is that my eyes do not feel as dry. They feel much better. I will be seeing Dr. Toyos in July so I will keep everyone updated.

OVer the past 2 years and a half, I have seen abouit 4 different opthalmogist in which made no difference as far as alleviating my dry eyes/ MGD. I was put on restasis, azasite, eye oinments, alrex, allergy tablets, punctual plugs on four of my ducs. I even went and purchased a humidifier. Over the years I have consistently kept my routine that includes eye lid scrubs twice a day, warm compress, flaxseed, fish oil, etc... As a result, nothing changed for the better. My eyes has continuously been dry, red, irritated and bloodshot.

In brief, my eye condition started when I was on accutane. In fact, I have veen on 3 courses on accutane which I believe has contributed tremendously with my dry eyes. In addition, taking isotrenenoin (accutane) causes dry eyes. Since I was on it for three years for about 5 months per course I ignored using artificial tears since at the time, my eyes were really bothering me. After taking my last course on accutane, my dry eyes went down hill.
                            Excellent post. Thank you for the update... PLEASE keep them coming.

Good luck in July!

Comment

Don't feel badly. When I found my "fix" for my eyes I posted it here and had some people who thought I was paid to advertise. I was not. One year later my "fix"has me still comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X