One Red Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Red Eye?

I've been dealing with dry eye for a year or so...I'm currently on Retasis, doxycycline 100mg once a day and Lotemax once a day (only in the red eye). But that eye continues to be an issue while the other has improved to the point of near perfection. Should i consider that as good news? and where do I go from here?

Any Improvement is Good News!

Did you get a specific diagnosis? What is causing your dry eye? I would try to find that out. From the doxycycline, I would suspect that someone thinks your glands are part of the issue. That may lead you somewhere...good luck!!

Comment

Sadly I do not have a diagnosis. I was on Accutane for a while around 8 years ago, one Dr. suspected that. And about 3 years ago while in the Fiji islands, our group contracted pretty severe conjunctivitis, and that is what my current Dr is working off of. So as of right now I'm just a generic 'dry eye' patient. Its the success in just ONE eye that confuses me...and no one seems to have similar stories at the moment. Thanks for you suggestion though!

Comment

Try switching away from Lotemax

The preservatives in this steroid might be giving you issues.

My Doc put me on Durezol which is similiar but comes in single unit vials which means no preservatives.

The effects have been incredible and they do not seem to be wearing off like with Lotemax which ended up irritating my eyes after a few weeks.

Just a thought - give it a try and see what you think.

Also, I have plugs in all 4 ducts...no more pills or Retasis...my eyes do most of the work naturally now.

-Wolf

Comment

Thats a great suggestion! Unfortunately with no insurance the bottle of Lotemax was 80$...so I'm going to stick it out as long as I can and suggest the change to my Doctor. Thanks so much!

Comment

UPDATE!
            After notifying my doctor, she upped me to twice a day on Lotemax. What a HUGE difference! My tear production is up and both eyes are looking normal! I'll post up and notify everyone if this stays constant.

Comment

Working...
            X