Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can get better!

Hi everyone,
    Long time no email. Just thought I would bring you up to speed on how my eyes are doing. As a reminder I had epilasek 3 and a half years ago on one eye and suffered fairly bad dry eye, trying most things available.
    Anyway the good news for everyone who thinks that this thing will never improve is that mine definitely has.
    I still get a little scratchy and gritty on occassion, usually late at night and after a good weekend but never to the extent of those bad years. I have probably only had 2 or 3 RCEs in this year and those have been after a really good night! So I would class my whole eye situation as being probably 95% of what it was before the op. I don't think it will ever get to 100% but I woudl have sold my soul 2 years ago to feel the way I do now.
    Unfortunately there has been no magic bullet although the improvement really began after I started using Dwell and Dakrina so they definitely helped. I have probably used drops only 10 times in the last 7 months, no compresses, flax seed oil or any other possible remedy.
    When I was at my lowest point the threads on this board that I read most avidly were those that spoke of long term (5 year) growth and recovery and perhaps my case is a point in question. So don't despair and never give up recovery may be just around the corner.
    I have said it before but this site saved my sanity so, Saint Rebecca, my eternal gratitude goes to you. Knowing my luck it will now come back with a vengeance but at the moment everything is great. For all those new to the board, if you do recover tell others because hope is the great inspiration.
    Love, thanks and best wishes to Ian, Bruce, Lucy, Diana T and last, but certainly not least, to the most gorgeous Nyer

Thanks for the good news!

--Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Hangus View Post
      I have probably used drops only 10 times in the last 7 months, no compresses, flax seed oil or any other possible remedy.
      That is fabulous. I could never tire of reading stuff like this. Breathes hope into more people than you know!!! Thanks.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Barry

That is fantastic news.

I am so very pleased for you. I too have improved but still not the 100% before surgery and I hang out for still some improvement in the next couple of years.

By the time we get over this lasek induced dry eye, we will be progressing into the twilight years where dry eye comes with the territory.

Great, anyway, fantastic news.

Regards

Ian

Comment

Great to see you Hangus!!! I'm so happy with your recent report of comfort and improvement. I, like St. Rebecca, never tire of such stories. I haven't been on DEZ in quite a while since I went and did something crazy and had another baby. I've been missing the place. I log in and here you are. What a great treat!

I'm doing okay with regard to my eyes. I'm battling a few frustrations right now, among them my ever deteriorating Viento Panoptx and the lack of a satisfactory "hybrid" type goggle that looks like sunglasses.

But, I'm coming along just fine. I have a few "tricks" still left in the bag and will give them a go once the baby is a bit older.

Diana
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Congratulations, Dianat! That's great news.

And, Ian, I'm also glad to know that you are improving, too.

This is turning into a really upbeat thread!

--Liz

Comment

Dainat,

Is that baby number four?

hangus,

thanks for coming on and letting us know how you are doing. It really means the world for all those new Lasik people who can't see a way out of this agony.

When I joined you were one of the people who seemed to be at the tail end of your journey, and being Irish I felt a connection with you. i told my boyfriend if things are working out for him after so long then maybe there is hope for me to, and yes I am doing so so so much better.

thanks again,

B.

Comment

Hangus, I see the others "found" your post. I came upon it suddenly one evening. Grinning to myself, I thought I'll just leave this alone and maybe no one else will find him.

We are all glad to have you pop in again to say hello. I'm glad to be able to take a peek every once in awhile. At your avatar, that is. It's so nice when you are old enough to say your piece. I love it. My hubby is probably embarrased by me sometimes. But, I saw him tonight sneaking a second look at a young girl in shorts. All's fair. Stay well. Lucy.
                Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Sneaking a peak at Hangus' avatar, huh Luc? Is this an every day occurance? You crack me up.
                  Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Great to hear good news!!

Hi Hangus

Just come across your very positive and encouraging post and wondered where you got the Dwell and Dakrina that you mention, I have never heard of them. I am 17 months post Lasik and it is hell. Am based in UK. Thanks and great news so glad you are feeling better.

lizibet

Comment

Hi lizibet
                      I ordered my Dwelle and Dakrina from Rebeccas shop and although the postage was high (not Rebeccas fault ) I did find that they helped. they have a fairly sticky constituency for me and i found them to be quite good. i am still progressing well but do get the occassional relapse but nothing like it used to be. Nil desperandum!

Barry

P.S. Lucy you are incorrigible but you do make me laugh!

Comment

P.S. Lucy you are incorrigible but you do make me laugh!
                        Thanks, Barry, you as well make me laugh.........grin.......
                        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Great

Barry.
                          Great news, hope it only gets better still.
                          Bruce.
                          Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Working...
                          X