My second day in a row of having a good eye day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My second day in a row of having a good eye day

Yesterday and today are the first days in 5 months that I can say I've had a good eye day. This is what I started doing last week -- drinking grape juice once or twice a day, eating grapes, drinking a cup of tart cherry juice right before bed and using preservative free Systane (this is in addition to Oracea). My right eye feels almost normal. I'm so excited.

So happy for you! May your good days continue.

May I ask how often you are using your systane eye drops and how you are doing on the oracea. Does it bother you in any way?

I would like to try that soon.

Best wishes,
    Melissa
    pianolady

Comment

Hi there ...re systane eyedrops..

Hello pleased to hear youve had releif at last!Question is what is the difference between using celluvisc drops to the systane ones?I have severely dry eye now for 4 years and have had two ducts plugged..How do you manage to stop the side effects of doxycycline?As i was prescribed those and i was being sick all the time so had to stop...hmmm..best wishes..cb.

Comment

Originally posted by msienkiewicz View Post
        So happy for you! May your good days continue.

May I ask how often you are using your systane eye drops and how you are doing on the oracea. Does it bother you in any way?

I would like to try that soon.

Best wishes,
        Melissa
        Melissa, the Oracea doesn't bother me at all. I use the Preservative free Systeam 2 or 3 times a day.

I have MGD with blepharitis. I also have Rosacea, which I think inflammed my eyes (but really only trouble with my right eye). I've had constantly tearing in my right eye for 5 months. I think the (just my opinion) the warm compresses and regular Systane were making it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by cherrybrandy View Post
          Hello pleased to hear youve had releif at last!Question is what is the difference between using celluvisc drops to the systane ones?I have severely dry eye now for 4 years and have had two ducts plugged..How do you manage to stop the side effects of doxycycline?As i was prescribed those and i was being sick all the time so had to stop...hmmm..best wishes..cb.
          Hi, I don't know anything about cullvisc drops.

I have to add anything I've learned about my condition I've learned thru this message board -- I'm sure my eye dr. is good technically, but he didn't explain anything to me and seemed kind of irritated when I asked what my condition was called.

I was prescribed Oracea from my dermatologist when I had my appt. and I asked him if he thought my rosacea was causing problems with my eyes. I haven't had any side effects from Oracea, I'm sure because it's such a low dosage of doxy (40 mg).

Comment

Glad you're having good days catlover. I may need to try the grape juice thing too since my days have been wrose lately.

cherrybrandy - Celluvisc drops are much thicker and more gel-like then Systane and for me, work far better. Many don't like how thick they are though as they can keep you blurry longer, which I'm sure you're aware of if you use them. I too took doxy but never had any bad side effects from it so have no advice about that. If the Celluvisc works for you, I don't think you'd be happy switching to Systane. Hth!

Comment

Grape juice--antioxidants? I have read a little about the power of the antioxidents and other wonderful things in blueberries and goji berries. Has anyone had any success just by adding more fruits like this to their diet?

Comment

That's interesting about the grapes. I found recently that drinking a glass of red wine at night appeared to be helpful but I couldn't be sure it wasn't just a coincidence.

There's Resveratol in the skin of grapes and it's being touted as one of the new super\wonder foods and antioxidants.

A glass of red or two seems to work for the French!
                Jamie

Comment

I too think i feel a little bit better when i eat fruit, especieally grape and blueberries. i didnīt think that it would feel better cause of the suger but it did. I canīt eat drink things with to much suger it is really bad for my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X