dry eye doc in southern cali??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry eye doc in southern cali??

Hello, I have been dealing with dry eye for about 5 years now, seen so many doctors and have really found no permanent relief. I saw a post about Dr Carver, but his office unfortunately does not take my medical insurance. Does anyone out there know of any other good dry eye docs in southern California? I am pretty desperate at this point.

I think Dr. Carver's worth paying cash if possible

But here's the list of doctors from the Orange County dry eye support group - I think most or all of these have been speakers at their meetings.

Dr. Dan Carver, Optometrist – 714-963-3664 – Fountain Valley
    Dr. John Affeldt, Ophthalmologist – 1-909-558-2154 – Loma Linda Medical Ctr. Loma Linda
    Dr. Johnathan Pirnazar, Ophthalmologist – 949-951-1457 – Laguna Hills
    Dr. Steven Pflugfelder, Ophthalmologist – Baylor University of Texas – 713-798-8273
    Dr. Marjan Farid, Ophthalmologist – University of California, Irvine – 949-824-2020
    Dr. Jill Ackerman, Ophthalmologist - 408-524-5900 - Sunnyvale, CA.
    Dr. Julie Claveria – Ophthalmologist - 949-951-8391 – Lake Forest
    Dr. Farid Ghosheh– Ophthalmologist - 949-582-1090 - Mission Viejo
    Dr. Randal Wong – Optometrist - 949-852-1090 - Mission Viejo (scleral lenses provider)
    Dr. Jerry Paugh- Optometrist – 949-449-7487 – Fullerton, Ca.

I also just posted the schedule for the next support group meeting. If you haven't already joined this, do consider it - terrific group and well worth attending.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Dr. Carver

Kayti, my insurance doesn't cover Dr. Carver either. I decided to see him anyway. His rates are very reasonable and I am so glad I went to him. He is very caring and you can always contact him either by phone or email.
      He is the first doctor I've seen who, I believe, gave me a correct diagnosis.
      I had seen at least five before him.
      Good luck to you in finding a doctor to help you.

Lynda

Comment

thanks to both of you for your replies. Knowing that many people recommend him makes me feel more comfortable in going. After so many experiences of doctors telling me "your eyes are dry, theres no reason why" I have gotten very discouraged. I will look into Dr Carver to see what he can offer.

Comment

Magoo, you were right about Dr Carver being affordable, I have an appt for next week. Could you tell me what happened during your first appt? I am curious if he actually did the tear evaluation like he describes on his website on your first visit?

Comment

Kayti, he told me what my problem is after checking my eyes. It was awhile ago and I can't remember exactly what all he did. But, for sure, he did different tests and gave me a diagnosis.

Comment

With the diagnosis was he able to suggest treatment options that you hadn't tried before? If so, were the treatments helpful?

Comment

Absolutely. I finally knew why nothing I had tried before worked. I have had improvement, slowly, and it is still a work in progress

Comment

Good to hear, this is encouraging...

Comment

Working...
                  X