Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Dr. in AZ ???

Hello,
    First I have to say this is such a great place and so many nice people with lots of good information. I have had issues with dry eyes for several years and have been to numerous doctors. I was hoping someone might know of a good doctor in the Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria area? I am having a hard time getting a diagnosis as to why my eyes are dry.

Dry eye in AZ

Hi,
    I would highly recommend Dr. Stephen Cohen in Scottsdale. I started with MGD Blepharitis and dry eye last year around this time. Either by luck or sheer coincidence I had 6 good months and now am starting with this again.

Last yr. I saw 3 opthamologists and it was so frustrating as I knew more than they did. Dr. Cohen is an optometrist (my insurance only covers opthamologists) so I private pay (vision insurance may cover him if you have it). He is worth every penny. He knows A LOT about this condition and has done several studies. He is compassionate and really listens. I really feel he is truely my partner in this battle and is keeping me optimistic that I can find relief again. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Unfortunately I don't think AZ is the best place to be if you have dry eyes

Good Luck!
    Robin (aka Sabrina)

Comment

Dr in AZ

Oh thank you so much!! I am so grateful. I have been to so many doctors. I will make an appt on Monday.
      You are right, Living in Arizona is not the best place for dry eye..
      Thanks again for recommending a doctor.
      Lea

Comment

dry eyes in AZ

You are so very welcome! I wish someone had pointed me in his direction much sooner. Please keep me posted!

Comment

Dr in AZ

Originally posted by Sabrina View Post
          You are so very welcome! I wish someone had pointed me in his direction much sooner. Please keep me posted!
          Hi,
          Just an update. I had my appt with Dr Cohen today. He is very knowledgeable with dry eye and is the most compassionate doctor I have ever meant. He addressed the emotional aspects of this condition as well as the physical symptoms. He took time to truly listen to me and to explain some options for my dry eye. I am thrilled to have a doctor that is willing to work with me and help me manage my condition.
          Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X