Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking in pubs kills my eyes

Hi there!
    Do you also have such huge problems with smoky rooms? In my opinion smoke is very much sorely than air conditioned or heated air.
    May I ask you about the smoking law in your country? Is smoking allowed in pubs or clubs?
    In Germany, especially Bavaria (each German state has its own smoking law) smoking is allowed in many pubs and clubs. Only in eating restaurant it's forbidden. (Officially, according to our law smoking in pubs or clubs is only allowed in strictly separeted rooms and not in the club itself - but in practice this law isn't obeyed and nobody controls it)
    I'm so fed up to the back teeth! I'm only 29 years old and want to go to clubs or pubs. Not just to eating restaurants:-( But every evening in a club ruins my eyes for several days. That's not worth. I tried to wear MEGs in these smoky pubs, it helped a little bit. I could stand it for about 1 hour, than I took a break in the fresh air and went back to the smoky club. With this breaks in the fresh air I could survive the hole evening, but it wasn't such a great joy to dance with freaky goggles in a hip club;-)
    So what are your experiences with smoking? Let's discuss it?
    Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Smoke destroys my eyes; they turn so red that people actually comment on how red they are; I have learned to stay away!!

Comment

thankfully its banned in pubs and clubs etc in the UK which im so happy about as i would for sure avoid them places with a passion.
      i know smoke is a nightmare as my partner use to smoke when i was in the same room and my eyes were really bad so ive forced him outside hehe so i sympathise with you as it is awful

Comment

I avoid smoke like the plague!! Smoke is brutal for dry, irritated eyes!

I even try to avoid frying food on the stove because even that miniscule amount of smoke bothers my eyes.

Comment

hm than I must emigrate to the UK
          I don't want to avoid smoke because this means I must avoid social life Than I can't go out in the evening. Only eating restaurants and a few other pubs are smoke-free...
          But going out withs goggles isn't that funny either.
          I hate my DES!! Or should I hate people who smoke in pubs? Or should I hate our government which canceled the non-smoking-law last year?
          Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

saag

im so the same i avoid frying any food cuz my eyes are so bad when i do,thought it was just me hehe yay.

susie

lets hope they eventualy ban it for you i know it sux for smokers but it ruins us lot from goin out well it did for me anway and i know how u feel bout goggles they arnt the best fashion accessory lol

Comment

I have stopped going to pubs and clubs because of the impossible AC drafts there; even restaurants pose a challenge to my eyes for the same reasons.I live in a country where people really blast you with AC-- UAE, a desert country.
              Smoke is a killer, I agree-- but my husband smokes heavily, especially in the car, and I am an occasional smoker myself when I can't stand my pain for example, I just have to puff a cigarette-- it seems to help me gain control and relax. I do it with closed eyes he he, imagine that
              I have tried to ask my husband to reduce smoking but he is a total addict-- no hope. When I think of it, that might as well be a big part of my dry eye troubles, but I have become so used to living in a smoky environemtn that I just take it for a given. If we watch TV in the living room together, or drive in the car, it is so smoky-- he is a chain smoker.
              Anyone know of any effectivemethod to reduce the craving for smoking? We have tried some pills, did not work at all
              Is it just a question of willpower or there is something extra which can be done?
              Thanks,
              Dani

Comment

Not sure what is available where you are, but here are some options:

Zyban
                nicotine patches, inhaler or gum
                Champix

Champix is the most effective of those options...

Most people have to make multiple attempts at quitting before they succeed, so don't give up!

Comment

I love it in australia coz smoking isnt allowed in pubs and clubs. altho the clubbing is terrible here so I dont end up going anyway!

Comment

Say no to smoke!

I live in Austin, Texas and smoking is banned in restaurants. Thank goodness! Smoke makes my eyes irritated and my clothes smell bad... don't forget second hand smoke is awful for your lungs.

Comment

not that bad

Originally posted by laurenjii View Post
                      I love it in australia coz smoking isnt allowed in pubs and clubs. altho the clubbing is terrible here so I dont end up going anyway!
                      Clubbing here in Australia isn't that bad, I think it's all up to you and the people you hang with, to determine whether it ends up being a great night.

Although having dry eye and clubbing is a pain in the butt.

Especially with us guys trying to pick up women as we need to look into your eyes but it's extremely hard especially with this dry eye.

Comment

My eyes suffered in smoky environments long before I developed dry eye proper. Nowadays I have to leave such places immediately. Unfortunately, my husband is also a heavy smoker but he`d never smoke in our flat/apartment. He got the nicest room we have for his study because it opens out to the balcony and this where you`ll find him every 30 min or so, smoking and chatting away with all the other exiled male outdoor smokers among our neighbours.

Comment

Working...
                        X