"Swap" meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Swap" meet

For those attending the wellness workshop later this month...

Why not bring along your extra dry-eye products that you may not be using? I, for one, have plenty of different types of drops that I am not using. We may all get the chance to try something new without actually buying it for a change...
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Virtual Swap Meet?

Good idea. Many of us cannot attend the workshop. Can anyone think of a way that we could do something similar online? Maybe make arrangements through the use of the private message? I bought a whole box of Systane (no preservative), used a few vials and found I cannot tolerate it. I hate for all of that to go to waste. I am happy to send it to anyone who would like it, but would also consider exchanging for another type of tear, perhaps an unused trial size of one of Dr. Holly's products?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Swap-a-drop, here we come!!!

I like it, I like it!

We're all family here y'know, but just so that our lawyers don't turn pale and keel over if they read this thread , I'm going to put to print a couple of common sense guidelines I'm sure all of you would follow anyway:

1. Please only post about and swap products that:
      - are only over-the-counter (NO RX) or consumer products
      - are UNopened
      - are UNexpired
      - contain all the original labelling
      - have been stored properly

2. Please exercise due caution when using products sent to you by someone you don't know... haven't met... etc.
      Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 03-Feb-2006, 10:42. Reason: Additional guideline
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I had a feeling that was coming!

Comment

I would have been disappointed if there were no "legal disclaimer"! Notice I did not offer my Restasis (though I have thought about it!). Can we add to the rules, "Prescription medications not allowed" or something to that effect?
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Among friends..............
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by kitty
              Can we add to the rules, "Prescription medications not allowed" or something to that effect?
              Done! Very good point - thank you.

How do you guys want to do this, do you want to send your rejects and your wishlist to add to the swapmeet at the workshops, or just do some online swapping separately? (Or don't need my help and I should just butt out now unless/until any rules need tweaking )
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

We could just post threads under the Gels topic whenever anyone has something they want to swap, or, if the attorneys are comfortable, maybe we could have a new topic category entitled Swap Meet? Might also be a place to exchange other things that would not be considered harmful, like books, sunglasses, unopened bottles of fish oil caps, etc.

Comment

Your wish, my command
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you, Boss!

Comment

I would like to swap my dry eyes with someone that doesent so if anyone can bring healthy eyes to this swap ill be there lol.

Comment

Sorry, can't help you there Mr. Pipedream Mike.

You didn't have a busy day there, did you Boss?!

Comment

Working...
                        X