IPL Dr. Coad in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL Dr. Coad in NY

Has anyone had the ipl procedure performed by Dr. Coad in NY? I am planning on getting it done there but would like to know if he uses the same technique as Dr Toyos, ie manual expression and the same laser?

I am post-lasik dry-eye and also have ocular rosacea, also wondering if IPL has helped anyone post-lasik so far.
    Thanks

He does not use the same laser.

Comment

Apparently, he does not do manual gland expression. I spoke with his assistant (not sure what her actual title was), but she said that they have had significant success in most patients, ranging from post-lasik to sjrogens disease. She said they were looking into the gland expression technique.
      I am still curious to see if anybody on here has gone to him yet and get their feedback.

Comment

Just a thought, but you could always get the IPL from Dr. Coad and then walk a few blocks to Dr. Latkany for an expression of your freshly melted meibum. Yeah, expensive, crazy. But the expression is half the point here ... Rob

Comment

Coad says that he is getting improvement in Sjogren's patients? Odd. IPL is only for LD, not AD. Maybe these folks have co-diagnoses?

And as for "looking into expression", what is there to look into? You press on people's eyelids with a qtip. Really an optho needs to "look into" this?

I don't know anyone on these boards that has gone to Dr Coad so if you do go, please post your experience.

Regards,
          Gretchen

Comment

I have an appointment for July, I am going to see if he has ever done an expression and if he can do it after the procedure.

Comment

Did you have your July appt. with Dr. Coads? I am interested to hear your results. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X