Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to visit the best hospital of India!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to visit the best hospital of India!

I m suffering many many problems.The major is vision problem and photophobia.
    Im going to visit LV Prasad Eye Institute which is known as the best eye clinic in India located at Hyderabad on 17th this month.http://www.lvpei.org

i will be considering following medications with the doctor.
    1)Boston lenses
    2)Cataract surgery for my both eyes.
    3)Ocular prosthesis.
    4)Amniotic membrane transplant(2nd time)
    5)Salivary gland transplant.

Hoping to get vision corrected which is too much dull at this moment.

Im optimistic always.
    Hope for the best!
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

None to wish me luck?

Comment

Wow, let us know! I would love to hear how it goes!!

Comment

I hope that whatever they do, will result in restoring maximum comfort to your eyes!

Comment

I wish you the very best for this upcoming appointment!
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks all feeling better

Comment

How are you?

Just before 3 days i have been diagnosed with bacterial conjuctivitis.symptoms include redness, burning, pain, sinus blockage, excessive photo sensitivity... I will take 2nd opinion before i start the above mentioned medication.
              Did they pick this up at LV Prasad on the 17th? Are you getting a second opinion from someone in Chennai? Really want you to have the very best doctors: what did they say in LV Prasad? Do you want to tell us who you were able to consult?

In my prayers for happiness and the very best possible treatment. Love to you from London.
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi littlemermaid...Nice to hear from u..

Well yes i visited LVP on 17th...Dr.Sangwan(Regarded as best in India for cornea).I waited almost 6hrs in que to meet him for a diagnosis.

Atlast he met.1st his assistants checked me then Dr.Sangwan checked and immediately sent me for BSL trial for my right eye whiich has the huge amount of discomfort photosensitivity and imflamation.I worn BSL for about an hour and felt quite comfort.
                Then again his assistants checked my eyes again.Then doctor Sangwan came again and checked both eyes more carefully and said,
                1)i need to go through cataract surgery in left eye.Surgery followed by BSL will give me better vision...near vision shud get near to perfect,however not perfect.We decided to do it after 4 months for insurance matter.

2)I have double vision problem.So he wants to wait for left eye cataract then he will go in depth for increasing vision in right eye.For discomform, right eye will be given BSL.

3)For on going problems in right eye gave me 2 eye drops to be continued for 1 month. CHLOROCOL and FLAREX.before taking these drops i want to consult my local opthamalogist.I dnt prefer taking steriods.I had expericed weight increase and hair graying problem the last time i took oral and topical steriods when i had AMT surgry.

4)Said i dont need to go for BOSTON KERATOPROSTHESIS(known as bostom Kpro).its meant for more severe cases.Said when all the treatments fail, like BSL,Cataract etc...then only he will consider Boston Kpro for me.Also note, agter boston kpro eyes look horrible.U can google the pics for ppl who had done this.Eyes dnt look normal at all.

Im not going chennai for now.The doctor who did AMT surgery at chennai is now part of LVP hyderabad.So i feel no use of going chennai again.

The doctor gave me huge confidence by saying, DONT WORRY U WILL LIVE UR LIFE EASILY IN FUTURE TOO, AFTER SUCCESSFUL CATARACT.

THANX TO ALL FOR PRAYING...I NEED SOME MORE PRAYERS AFTER 4 MONTHS!
                Special thanks to mermaid for giving my post attention.Love ya...

Comment

Virender Singh Sangwan. How could you possibly be in better hands? I am so happy you have found him after all this suffering.

I think Chlorocol is just mild antibacterial, and the standard corticosteroid Flarex is the Fluorometholone my daughter uses to control inflammation flare ups, considered here to be the safest, less absorbed by the eye. I completely understand your reservations about steroid eyedrops but 1 month is not long, being careful to taper dose; we decided inflammation is worse. She blocks the punctum with a finger for 15 seconds to prevent steroid passing into the body. No weight gain and grey hair with topicals. Personally I would be trusting this guy

Wishing you wonderful treatment.
                  Last edited by littlemermaid; 22-Sep-2010, 08:36.
                  Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Thanx dear friend
                    i have decided to go for punctual cauttery for both eyes this friday...will be a 10 minute procedure...will see how effective it proves...also will start flarex thereafter with systane(i had been using genteal but Dr Sangwan prescribed systane).

Comment

Working...
                    X