Cured in one eye, but not the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cured in one eye, but not the other?

I had some extreme allergies a while ago that I now have under control. Myself and doctors assume that I had allergic conjunctivitis that lead to dry eye. My right eye requires no drops anymore, but my left eye still needs drops about every 20 minutes.

It almost seems as if my left eye's tear ducts are clogged because when I blow my nose, I can feel tears and air pressure coming out of my ducts on my right eye, but not the left. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

I would suggest starting on a anti-inflammatory, non preserved. I used restasis for 7 months to decrease the inflammation and was able to wean myself off of it. I would not use anything with preservatives, and I would start trying to stretch out that 20 minutes. I found that less was more. Perhaps you could use a lacrisert in that eye only. I used these as well and found that they reduced the need for drops. I really think that you probably do have a blockage, and the inflammation needs to be decreased. Steroids would work, but restasis is a better long term option.

Just my two cents,
    Melissa
    pianolady

Comment

Originally posted by msienkiewicz View Post
      I would suggest starting on a anti-inflammatory, non preserved. I used restasis for 7 months to decrease the inflammation and was able to wean myself off of it. I would not use anything with preservatives, and I would start trying to stretch out that 20 minutes. I found that less was more. Perhaps you could use a lacrisert in that eye only. I used these as well and found that they reduced the need for drops. I really think that you probably do have a blockage, and the inflammation needs to be decreased. Steroids would work, but restasis is a better long term option.

Just my two cents,
      Melissa
      Sounds good, thank you.

Comment

Hi,

Interested to read your post - I am 2 years post lasik and struggle with the usual burning stinging etc of DE but my right eye is always so much worse than the left. I have excessive tearing in right eye, sometimes constantly, which sometime breaks down the skin around the eye, then I need vaseline ..............

I have been recommended to have bi-lateral lacrimal drainage surgery (DCR) and whilst no promises made of improvement in overall dry eye, should help the much more painful right eye to become 'normal' DE painful!

I wondered if you or anyone else has experience of this surgery, some days I would do anything to stop the tearing, but others I think leave well alone or will just end up with a different set of problems.

Best wishes, Liz

Comment

Working...
        X