Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you all use to clean your hypersensitive/ rosacea eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you all use to clean your hypersensitive/ rosacea eyes?

Water alone does not cut if for me... I really need something to clean them without pain and further irritation! I have ocular rosacea but also lots and lots of sensitivities, having dreadful reactions (headaches, itching etc) from most skincare/ eye care products...not nice considering my face is also afflicted and very sore and dry too! I really need something that doesn't 'stink' or contain anything harsh to clean my eyes! Can I ask what similar sufferers use, those with bad ocular rosacea and/ or allergies? It's a nightmare! I visited a skincare forum and was recommended to use plain oils to cleanse but this is super irritating! Thanks so much! Hoping to get some insights...any recommendations are really appreciated!
    Shell

I use Aveeno Moisturizing bar. I wash my face with it keeping my eyes tightly closed. So far it is the least irritating thing I have found. I also have rosacea and my eyes are very sensitive. It always seems that at least a tiny bit of whatever I use to cleanse actually gets into my eyes no matter what but so far Aveeno works best for me.

Aveeno contains colloidal oatmeal and castor oil, no fragrance. It is very soothing.
    Last edited by magoo; 11-Nov-2010, 17:48. Reason: added info

Comment

I use Ocusoft Foam with no problems.

Comment

Mild cleanser

I use VAL's veggie soap for general cleansing, as little as possible on my face, because of its simple ingredients. It is a Olive Oil soap with sea salt. I think "Kiss My Face" makes one too.

I have never tried non-soap cleansers. I am sure you know, there are a couple of books on Rosacea and of course websites, they generally recommend a simple, mild non-soap cleanser without fragrance.

My skin is pretty sensitive so I have tried to keep it very simple and therefore avoid anything with fragrance or ingredients I can't pronouce. Whenever I try something new I test it on a small part of my skin first, like my wrist, before I put it on my face.

Your skin sounds very sensitive, you may want to ask your Doc or dermatolgist for some advise too. If you discover something that works let us know.

Comment

Working...
        X