Thinking to try restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking to try restasis

I did PRK refractory surgury 2 years ago.
    I put lubricants 1-2 time an hour.
    I wake up every 2 hours in the night from dryness.
    I also found that castor oil helps my irritation.
    I am thinking to use restasis. It also seems to be the only medicine that exists.
    I just wonder if it can help in a case of sever dry eye like me.
    It takes also 3 months to work, which seems a long time, and I will not know if improvement is from it or something else.

I use restasis and I think it helps. It might take a while for it to work and you might not know for sure that it's the reason for improvement. But, isn't that a risk you are willing to take? What have you got to lose?

Do you know if you are acqueous deficient or MGD? Have you tried plugs yet?

Comment

Mabe MGD

Actually, I saw a doctor today and he said he thinks I have blepharitis. and gave me Blephamide for 2 weeks. He was not sure though.
      My eyelids dont look inflamed to me.
      it contains steroids, and is antibacterial.
      I tried it once and felt immediate relief.
      It is supposed to be chronic disease isnt it?
      Last edited by jivgil; 12-Nov-2010, 05:59.

Comment

Sometimes "chronic" means you have to continue to treat your eye (i.e. medication, proper hygiene, heat compress, etc) in order to continue to feel relief from your dry eye symptoms. It doesn't necessarily mean the symptoms and pain are chronic, just the condition.

I don't know if blepharitis can be cured so much that it doesn't need any treatment.

I hope your progress continues and am glad you are getting the help you need! Keep us posted on your progress!

Comment

Progress

Doctor told me not to treat Blepharitis anymore, so it seems it has been cured. I feel much better.
          I still have dry eyes. very terrible.
          Now I wake up every 2 hours in the night, suffer from pain etc.
          I wonder how much could restasis help? Can it be very significant?
          I tried plugs before, but I think the irritation in my eyes increased then, so I prefer to use restasis first. I hope I dont have to suffer like this all my life.
          I am going tommorow to a new doctor. I hope he will help me.

Comment

Working...
          X