Tear fluid analysis in laboratory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear fluid analysis in laboratory

I have evaporative dry eyes and want to conduct an analysis of my tear film.
    Can anyone tell me if there's a standard for such analysis? I asked a few ophthalmologists but they told me it was not possible to do such test in their hospital. If i know how tear film analysis is called i can call a few other hospitals here in Bangkok.

I'd also like to have my eyes tested on bacterial infection and virusses.

The reason for me wanting to have these tests done is because i have visited 7 different ophthalmologists and all failed to diagnose my eye problem. I have heard i have dry eyes, evaporative dry eyes, blepharatis etc etc. The ophthalmologists all had their own idea of treating my dry eyes, no consistency at all. I have no faith in ophthalmologists any longer so i want proof from a lab.

RE: bacterial culture

I had canaliculitis from intracanalicular plugs. I had massive goo in my eyes (you could "milk" my puncta!). They were swabbed three times, but all cultures came back negative. I was put on vigamox (antibiotic drop) and it cleared right up.

I'm just telling you this story because I now wonder if labs can even test for or culture bacteria (or viruses) on the eyes.

Good luck though. Please let us know!

Comment

Working...
    X