Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I ask for preservative free Alrex or Pataday or both? Is there such a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I ask for preservative free Alrex or Pataday or both? Is there such a thing?

I'm experiencing what my eye doctor says are allergies that are affecting my eyes (and I'm actually sneezing, itchy nose/eyes, etc. too) for the first time this year. I'm 26. I'm waiting on getting allergy tests, but in the meantime I'm on Pataday and Alrex.

I've been on the Alrex before when I've had inflammation on my pinquecula. These periods usually last for about 3 weeks, with a few days of 3 drops a day, and then a long taper off of them.

The Alrex helps tremendously, but I'm worried after reading about the damaging effects of BAK -which is in BOTH drops I'm on!

I live in the US - is there somewhere my doctor can get preservative free drops for the pataday or alrex made up? Or just Pataday (as I'm only using 1 drop of Alrex a day and then hopefully stopping within a week).

Any ideas?

Preservative Free allergry drops

I do not know if Pataday/Patonal comes without preservative. However, I think Novartis makes a Preservative free drop called Zaditor. Don't know if it is available where you are but if not, you can contact Novartis and they will tell you how your Doctor can get it from them.

Good luck.

Comment

Contact a compounding pharmacy and ask them if they can make it for you.

Comment

Working...
      X