Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody undergone PROSE Prosthetic device for Dry Eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody undergone PROSE Prosthetic device for Dry Eyes?

can be found @ for more info http://www.bostonsight.org/?pg=682&p...-Our-Treatment

PROSE is also known as Boston sclerals. Please check this archive forum for stories. I'm a PROSE user myself.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi,
      I've tried everything, I am coming up on the two year mark since my eyes were damaged from LASIK. I completed 5 IPL's with no help and like many of you, I have used every drop, I have 4 plugs, Doxy etc. I get no relief, the plugs are probably the most effective but the "wetness" comes an goes throughout the day leaving me with painful blurry vision all day and especially at night. I wear Panoptix all day and at night I wear my regular eye glasses but driving is near impossible. I am in contact with the Doheney Eye Institutre here in Los Angeles and for 2 months we have been waiting to hear form my HMO. The eye Drs. at my clinic have given up on me and won't even discuss Sclera Lenses. I am to the point that I might have to try and finance this myself but is it worth it or will I have another expensive major dissapointment? I would like to hear from another LASIK sufferer who is "out of the woods" with these lenses. BTW, I am a 53 yo male with no other health issues as I have been tested for auto immune disorders and was negative. Thanks and hope all have a great Christmas!
      Brad

Comment

Originally posted by jimi51 View Post
        I am to the point that I might have to try and finance this myself but is it worth it or will I have another expensive major dissapointment? I would like to hear from another LASIK sufferer who is "out of the woods" with these lenses.
        Brad, I am post LASIK (2001) and I know a great many post LASIK, PRK and RK patients who have, or have tried, Boston sclerals - many successive and also several un-successes. I know this isn't what you want to hear but there's just no knowing whether you'll be one of the "slam dunks" for BSL or you won't. However you should not have to go through all the trouble and expense just to find out... some trial lenses should give enough information to let you know whether going through the process will be worth it. There's no guarantees of course but definitely some people can be ruled out just by trying the trial lenses. So I'd ask about that.

I am sorry for what you're going through. At only 2 years, honestly, I would still hold out a lot of hope for some improvement from continued healing, because it really can take longer than 2 years to get all the healing you're going to get.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you for the reply and I really appreciate the comment about the fact that healing still may occur, it helps to hear that. I am going to contact my local people for the PROSE program here in Los Angeles after the first of the year. They quoted me $695.00 for the first visit so I hope that include the trial lenses. It's funny though, a couple of "premier" Drs. in this area say I have MGD and have treated me accordingly including IPL, but I have had no progress, which makes me sometimes think (optomisticly) that I just have nerves that have not yet "re-connected." I don't know about my eyes but I do appreciate the help I get here! Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
          X