Healing Time for Cornea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing Time for Cornea?

At my last appointment, my doctor said that my eyes were finally functioning normally when he tested the osmolarity. He feels that the Restasis has finally kicked in and that healing is on the way. I am a bit skeptical. My right eye still bothers me and my cornea is still showing staining. I wanted him to do more, because I am just tired of suffering and waiting. Should I be more patient or more persistent? Does anyone know how long this healing may take? Could my cornea be permanently damaged? Any input would be appreciated.

If your osmolarity is below 312 your corneas can begin to heal and function normally. If the osmolarity stays below 312 the epithelial cells, outer layer of cells on cornea, will take 90 days to replace themselves. This does not mean your eyes will feel normal in 90 days. There are factors that will take longer to heal and depending on nerve issues sensations can remain for some time.

Good luck.

Comment

Wow, Indrep, I am impressed with your knowledge. I do not know the exact score of my osmolarity. Your response has given me some hope. Hope means a lot when dealing with this condition. I am trusting my dr. He is supposed to be the best in this field. I have driven many hours to go to him in Louisville, KY. Unfortunately, he is retiring. I was really hoping to have this under better control before he left. I will continue to be patient.

Comment

Working...
      X