Bay Area, Calif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area, Calif

Anyone in Sf Bay area calif? Looking for a support group.

support group SF area

Originally posted by ladyjlz View Post
    Anyone in Sf Bay area calif? Looking for a support group.

hi..i'm not too far...i'm hear Sacramento
    betty

Comment

California Support

Hi There,

I am struggling with pinguecula and discomfort in both my eyes. I have been told they were caused by the sun, the wind, my computer, anti-depressants, etc...

I am so tired of hearing that nothing can be done to treat this. The amount of panic and fear I deal with everyday is debilitating.

I'd like to become more proactive in finding a solution to this condition. I realize many of us feel like we are in the dark and I think it is vital that we share information and our stories.

I would be happy to be part of a CA support group!

Thank you all for your stories!

Best,
      Rosy

Comment

Bay Area Support Group

Hello Folks,
        This is such an overwhelming medical problem to deal with, isn't it? It's not only physically painful but emotionally and socially as well. I don't know about you but I'm so embarrassed being around people sometimes, wondering what they're thinking about how I may look (did she have a wild night last night or is she stoned or what?!)LOL! I work in a doctor's office, too. Anyway, I live in San Francisco and would love to get together sometime with a group of people to compare stories, give and get advice, provide support and laugh a little when it doest't seem so funny anymore. I'd be interested to hear what you think. Thanks.
        Nina

Comment

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your post. I have really been struggling lately with this darn eye issue. Physically, socially, emotionally...etc... I think it is important that we support each other and talk about what are possible treatments. I have been considering surgery with Dr. Boxer-Wachler but really don't want to make any decisions without have proper information, support, and guidance. Anyway, I 'd love to talk sometime. I live in Mendocino not too far from the city.

Thanks for reaching out,

Rosy

Comment

Hey Rosy

Have you made any decisions about the I brite procedure? I have decided to go for the procedure in April. Nervous indeed!!

Originally posted by bigblues View Post
            Hi Nina,

Thank you for your post. I have really been struggling lately with this darn eye issue. Physically, socially, emotionally...etc... I think it is important that we support each other and talk about what are possible treatments. I have been considering surgery with Dr. Boxer-Wachler but really don't want to make any decisions without have proper information, support, and guidance. Anyway, I 'd love to talk sometime. I live in Mendocino not too far from the city.

Thanks for reaching out,

Rosy

Comment

Leo,
              Please keep us posted on your results! I am interested in the procedure as well, but I am nervous about how effective it is or if I'll just be throwing my money away.

Comment

Bay Area Support? I'm in Santa Rosa

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                Hello Folks,
                This is such an overwhelming medical problem to deal with, isn't it? It's not only physically painful but emotionally and socially as well. I don't know about you but I'm so embarrassed being around people sometimes, wondering what they're thinking about how I may look (did she have a wild night last night or is she stoned or what?!)LOL! I work in a doctor's office, too. Anyway, I live in San Francisco and would love to get together sometime with a group of people to compare stories, give and get advice, provide support and laugh a little when it doest't seem so funny anymore. I'd be interested to hear what you think. Thanks.
                Nina
                Hi Nina,
                I live in Santa Rosa and am looking for some local support folks. I was just diagnosed with DES and am on medical leave. Would love to talk with you.
                Shelley

Comment

Hi Rosy,
                  I live in Santa Rosa and have just been diagnosed with DES. LOve to talk sometime. Send me a message.
                  Shelley

Comment

Have you guys setup a support group? I live in bay area too.

Comment

I live in SF as well...

Comment

If there's no dry eye group in the area, try contacting the Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation support group leaders in your area (see this link - they have a group in San Francisco and another in San Jose apparently) and find out if you could come to their meetings. In my experience they may be open to people who have dry eye for other reasons than Sjogrens and they are often really good sources of info about local docs, etc. They also usually have product samples available.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

I'm in San Francisco. Should we all start our own support group?

Comment

Working...
                          X