looking for good Dry Eye doc, Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for good Dry Eye doc, Missouri

just moved. Live in Kansas city but willing to travel.

I know a good one in St. Louis, but that's about a 4 hour drive. If you are interested PM me and I will give you more information.

Comment

Sorry, this is late but maybe it will help you or someone else! Dr. Joseph Tauber in Kansas City is very knowledgeable about dry eye, and I've had a good experience there. You can google his name, I think the website is taubereeye.com.

Comment

I doubt Tauber is the answer. He recommended strong squeezing of the Meibomian glands, "press as hard as you can, do not worry your finger will not go to the back of your head" This was the beginning of my problems.
        The eyes got worse. But other KC ophthalmologists do not want to hear that. I guess they do not want to be blamed for incrimination or a cover up. He wanted me to undergo probing. Yet, three other ophthalmologist, including a very well known one in Boston, advised against that. I am still looking for a good Meibomitis in Kansas City

Comment

I from the KC area, here's what you got, I went to a guy in prairie village, KS His name is Dr. John Sutphin At the KU Eye Center. Hes pretty good when it comes to diagnosing Dry Eye and Giving you tetracycline to see if it helps, He sent me up to Iowa State University for a meibography, gave me answers at least, I knew the glands had atrophied then. I know I need Surgery on em, to open up the scar tissue. As for me, the tetracycline did nothing really. The only thing I think would do anything with this disease is to have a surgical procedure called meibomian gland duct probing. It was really developed by a guy in Miami Florida Named Dr. Steven L. ******. There is a company called rhein medical who manufactures the surgical probe that is used in the procedure, last I called them to see whom they sold their surgical instruments to. I learned that a few other docs in the area had recently purchased such said equipment. However knowing that it was recently purchased by them, I got a feeling that they have little experience with the procedure and are trying it out, its a growing trend in fact. The biggest name I got from calling rhein medical was Dr. Joseph Tauber he seems to be the only guy in KC who can do anything about anything. I haven't check with my insurance to see if it covers the surgical procedure yet under local insurance, but I will see. Tauber and his practices however aren't up to date or at least from what I know when I visited him a few years back. I mean Steven L. ****** in Flordia the guy who invented the Meibomian gland Duct probing procedure uses forceps to squeeze the oils out of the glands a much safer and effective method, I'm not sure if Tauber uses such equipment during the procedure. In the office Tauber presses as hard as he can with his fingers on your eyelids, and hope it does no damage to your eye, A little scary in my opinion and outdated. I will try to go to him and suggest to him to use the Ocusoft mastrota meibomian paddle, though I am sure, that the man is not open to "New Ideas" that are known to be more efficient. It's been rough too trying to find a good Dry Eye Doc In the KC Area, its barebones, if you ask me. Gonna call rhein again, see who pops up, bet on the Kansas side there's got to be someone by now. Let me know if you find anyone... It's good to Hear, that I am not alone on this, if you find a good doc let me know, Ill keep you posted on what I find.

Comment

Working...
          X