Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype Group

Hi all,

I'm thinking of starting up a Skype conference call for dry eye sufferers, such as myself. I have only used Skype for one-on-one calling in the past, but the website says that conference calls are free. Does anyone have experience with conference calls on Skype? Other thoughts?
    2 Cor. 12:8-10

No idea how to do this, but if you get it going, I'm sure I'd participate in a few calls...

Comment

It's fairly simple and also free. Just go to the skype website and download the free version of the software. When you are logged in, you can add contacts. My screen name is "capflight12".

You will need a microphone plugged into your computer. If anyone who wishes to participate wants to post their skype names or PM them to me, I will attempt to create a conference call. This should allow several of us all to talk at the same time.

We will have to come up with a predetermined time when we are all logged in and I can initiate the conference call.

I am 20 months post lasik, and outside of this forum, I have not communicated with anyone else who suffers from DES. It might be helpful for some of us to communicate, if any of you are interested.

Comment

Let me know

I could do this. Let me know if you get a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Filazafer View Post
          I could do this. Let me know if you get a time.
          My name on skype is: Filazafer

Comment

Thanks, Filazafer. Is anyone else interested?

Comment

Would love to join you!

Count me in. I have logitech hd, have an iMac. Would I still need to download Skype? I think this would be a great support and way to share info.

Maria

Comment

Great! Yes, you would still need skype. It only takes a few minutes to set it up. Then, either post or send me your screen name and I will try to make a conference call.

I've got a pretty packed schedule between work and college. Would Saturdays around 2pm EST be good for you all? That would be Saturday, 1900 GMT, unless I am mistaken. Please let me know if this works.

Comment

Conference call w/skype

I'll go ahead and get Skype installed. I ca't call this w/e, am going to be away all w/e from Fri-Sun. I'd really like to talk w/you. I'll be home tomorrow nite (Wed), but then wouldn't be able to till sometime the following week. Let me know. And thanks for working on setting this up.

Comment

No problem; I'm hoping we can learn something from our experiences. I can't talk today either (loaded down with schoolwork).

Comment

I'm going to give it a try today, sometime between 1:30 and 2 pm EST. shutterbug, I don't have a skype screenname for you, but I'll try "mgshutterbug" and see if it works. I'll also include filazafer. If anyone else is interested, please let me know.

Comment

Wow. I am unable to get Skype up and running. I've tried resetting the password, but when I sign in, the program doesn't start. An icon appears on the taskbar, but it dissapears when I mouse over it.

Sorry folks. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Is the skype group up and running? I had really wanted to join in it.

Comment

id like to join too!

Comment

Working...
                            X