Dr. Caffrey in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Caffrey in Toronto

I got into see Dr. Caffrey yesterday in Toronto and she was very good. She was the most compassionate doc I've seen so far that's for sure. But given the medical limits there was only so much she could offer me. She discussed moisture goggles, restasis (to this I said no, the castor oil in it I can't tolerate) and a steriod eye drop to control my dry eye issues. It is confirmed that I do have sjogrens syndrome and MGD (it seems to go with the syndrome). There is no cure for this syndrome only band-aid treatments so not sure what I will do as the steriod eye drop has a preservative in it and I am allergic to those so that is out now I think. I talked about giving my eyes 2 years to heal from the lasik eye surgery and re-evaluate at that point (I have been doing a lot natural remedies), she was more interested in seeking results now as she thought my eyes were not recovering well at the 11 month mark. I will see what comes along but she was worth seeing I felt and is very knowledgable (sp?) and even comforting.
    fiddle

I'm so glad that you were able to find a compassionate doctor in Toronto. It sounds like she knows wha she is talking about. Did she run any particular diagnostic tests? She sounds proactive. . . that's good! You might be able to get the steroid eye drops in a PF form. I would ask Dr. Caffrey about that. You can try calling York Downs Pharmacy in TO, they do compounding pharmaceuticals. If they can't help, they might be able to refer you to another pharmacy.

I'm very sorry to hear about the Sjogren's. . . How would this have been diagnosed?

Comment

They did every eye test known to man I think. One was a green dye test, I've had the yellow dye one done (and that paper one in the eye for 5 minutes, ouch), but never the green one. My eyes are beyond dry and have inflamation (that's where the steriod drops come in). Toronto Western started the sjogrens diagnoses and between Dr. Caffrey and my new rheumy, I have been given the primary sjogrens diagnoses so far. I've had a dry mouth for years (never thought about it) and now the eyes. When I saw an outside opthamologist back in Jan he suspected it and started the ball rolling and here I am.
      I have not heard of the PF form of drops, what is this? I will ask her as I get a call back from them tomorrow and I'm suppose to see her again in Sept.
      fiddle

Comment

Working...
      X