No announcement yet.

Report on my visit with Dr Latkany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get smart plugs, they dont sit on the top of the eye so cant rub on the eye. Pain to get out though so id suggest trying to eliminate any allergies before getting plugs full stop because if you do have a problem with allergies- plugs will stop drainage of allergy tears- which will add to more burning.

TBH if you have MGD ONLY plugs wont help anyway, you may have somewhat watery eyes at first (but not comfortable) then it will level out to baseline. This is what happened with me, didnt notice any difference except when he put them in, but it wasnt a ''relief''.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Dr. L's suspiscions for you kind of fit my issues, but through trial and error I discovered the kinds of tests and allergen/irritant elimination that turned out to be important, which are slightly different. Maybe my story could be useful to you.

I do have thyroid disorder, but not the autoimmune type. I've been hypo, hyper, have nodules, and now and hypothyroid again due to having to have part of the thyroid killed with radiation because it became officially hyperthyroid permanantly. Eventually ordered copies of all my thyroid tests results over the years, most had been said to be "normal", but were borderline. Wish I'd known so I could have looked into natural methods that may have helped. Have to get a copy of the report to see the particular lab's reference range to understand your results. I've been tested for many years for many autoimmunde disorders, not just the thyroid type. Tests always negative.

I've been suspected of having allergies for many years, due mainly to eyes and sneezing, but always tested negative to labs, intradermal and skin prick tests. Finally saw dermatologist for skin patch tests (for a different type of hypersensitivity) and that turned out to be the problem. Eliminating the allergens I tested positive to has been enormously helpful for my eyes. I am still reacting to some eye drops and fluorescien dye though, so now to get customized skin allergy patch tests for eye drop ingredients. Had to be very, very strict about getting all of the allergens out of my house which was very difficult. But if just one shampoo or detergent was in the house that had my allergen in it, I'd constantly had dry, painful eyes.

When I was told to go off Acular, I was scared. Afraid of how painful it would be without them. The doc warned me my eyes would feel worse before they got better. He was right, but they did indeed do better without the drops after 2 or 3 weeks. Haven't used those drops in several months.

I couldn't tolerate any of the hard plugs. Had to use the soft, paste or gel like stuff that "sets" after it's put in. It supposedly doesn't last long, but I only really needed it long enough to help calm down the inflammation while we worked on all these other problems, so we could then see if still needed them.

I also think taking a good quality flax oil (refridgereated) daily has helped a lot. And I use OASIS Plus drops and Similasin Allergy Eye Relief. And I wear goggles or wrap-around sunglasses for driving or in wind. And Refresh PM at bedtime.

Stopped daily eye scrubs with a chemical (due to sensitivities to chemicals) and just use saline wound wash (salt water) daily. Have started using Ocusoft Plus for scrubs once per week to see if it helps or if allergic. If I used it daily, and was allergic, I'd never figure it out since reactions are delayed and last for days. By doing it only once per week, I can see if 1 or 2 days later my eyes are worse for a few days. That would mean probably allergic to it.

Since doing all this, I just this week am doing so well that I actually have 10 or 15 minute spells a couple of times per day of eyes feeling 100% normal. Haven't felt like that in 10-15 years! Lovin it.

I hope you get some relief soon! I know how overwhelming it all is in the beginning, trying to figure it all out while coping with the eye pain. There are so many possibilities. But eventually, with persistance, you'll get there.

Mary

Comment

Working...
      X