Dr. Robert Latkany in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Laura,

It's kind of scary to stop everything. SO what is his treatment plan for you other than the contact lens? Is DR L a good listener?

Comment

Yes. He was a good listener. He asked me about my symptoms first and looked at what I was taking and then looked at my eyes. He came to a diagnosis pretty quickly. Right now, just cold compresses and if I need to, look at doxy down the road. He doesn't think my eyes look dry, but they sure feel dry.

He wants to detox my eyes off of everything for the time being.

Comment

latkany

Hi Laura,

I saw Dr. Latkany a few times all ready. I like him. I also have occular rosacea. He also suggested a contact lense to create a barrier too. I also looked at him funny too because I thought that was how this problem started years ago. But he said the lenses now are much different then they were in the past.

Last time I saw him he prescribed doxy 50mg daily. At first I thought the doxy was making my eyes worse but I don't think it was. I finally went on it again and I'm doing ok. but I haven't been on it long, a few weeks. That is what I'm doing for now. I'm not taking it forever, maximum 3 or 4 months. I took this years ago when I had this problem and I think this is what got my eyes back to pretty normal so its worth a try. I'm supposed to see him at the end of June if he will be on my new insurance plan. I'll see what happens with that.

I trust him and he is very nice...

Comment

Working...
        X