No announcement yet.

Where to buy sterile castor oil drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy sterile castor oil drops?

I'd like to try castor oil for my eyes but I can't seem to find anywhere that I can purchase sterile castor oil. I read some scary info about fungus and bacteria that can be present in organic castor oil so I would feel safer if I could buy it sterile. Any info very much appreciated.

Ask your pharmacy to order in some pharmaceutical grade (carrier oil grade) castor oil.

I have read that the castor oil should be organic and hexane free. I'm not sure if the one that I have is hexane free, but from the research I have done, the higher quality ones used in pharmaceutical applications would be hexane free.

Best of luck.

Comment

Thank you. I'll ask. Anyone else using castor oil with success?

Comment

These drops are available in Canada and can be bought online through a Canadian pharmacy.

Comment

HI I am using this

http://www.iherb.com/Heritage-Produc...-ml/22831?at=0

I apply it with an eye dropper and it feels very nice, better than the previous CO I was using which was not hexane free. However, should Iget some pharmaceutical grade?

Comment

I don't know that pharmaceutical grade is necessarily better. I was using pharmaceutical grade CO and gradually started noticing more morning mucous in my eyes and more burning during the day.

I haven't used any CO now for a couple of weeks and I notice less mucous and less burning during the day.

It may be that the pharmaceutical grade is sterile, but not hexane free.

Comment

Tried the castor oil and my eyes are burning (yes, hexane free)!! I use Restasis 2X/day without any problems.

Comment

Working...
              X