Online Chat Support Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Chat Support Groups

Anyone interested in a chat room support group? Dont know if Rebecca is setting one up here or not, but in the meantime anyone interested in joining one if it is set up and or on msn etc....?
    Last edited by Jenn1; 28-Mar-2012, 06:23.

Hey! I think that is a great idea I would join.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      Hey! I think that is a great idea I would join.
      Hey faith! Yeah, i think it would help a lot and especially during the really bad days and flare ups and seeing someone online who knows how it feels and be able to talk instantly 24/7 as family dont always have the time or understand.

Comment

Hi, I would join, too!

Comment

I really like that idea, Jenn. Count me in!

Comment

I know xat.com provide free chatrooms and you can make your own group chat and moderate it. They also allow their chat rooms to be embedded into site pages, if others are willing to help out then we can have our own chat set up and moderated!?

Comment

Count me in!

I would definitely participate!

Comment

Eastern time zone?

I would participate. What time zone are we looking at?

I've used Chatzy in the past with one of my Meetup groups.

-no tears in atl

Comment

Well xat have great chat rooms, and they can be used 24/7, i wonder if we might be able to add one here if Rebecca agrees? They also allow private chat between members and messages.

Comment

About chat...

Hi all - sorry I haven't jumped in here at all, didn't meant to be ignoring the interest in chat.

I'm assuming you're all talking about a chat room integrated with the forum here. I'd be totally in support of that. In the past we had a dry eye chat room on and off (not integrated with DEZ so it was cumbersome but still fun). I just got tired of paying the fees when we weren't getting any use out of it most of the time. These days there are enough people online sometimes that I can see it working really well -IF- it were integrated with the forum so you don't have to log in twice.

But here's my hangup: I don't want advertising. Hate that stuff! Free software is always crammed with it. (And is usually ugly, and I'm kinda picky about aesthetics, LOL.) The only way I know of to not have advertising is to pay monthly fees, and I just don't have any wiggle-room at all in the budget these days for extra goodies.

I'll give it some thought and if any of the tech-savvy folks out there know any tools compatible with vBulletin (I'm looking at Envolve for starters) let me know. Maybe if I can find a form of not too horribly obnoxious advertising I'll get over it, but I dunno.

Of course anybody that wants can set up a dry eye chatroom somewhere and make a link in a 'sticky' post here.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Hm. OK ignore all my verbose comments above. I just installed a free chat to try out. Look at the bottom right of your screen to find it. Let me know what y'all think.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

lets chat away!

Comment

Working...
                        X