Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do eyes look red under certain lighting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do eyes look red under certain lighting??

Why is this?

Whenever I go into Target or some Grocery store, my eyes look bloodshot.
    When I'm at work there are some lights that make my eyes look pinkish, bloodshoot.
    Natural light makes my eyes look white.
    And when I am at home, my eyes look white.

Why is this?!

Flourescent lighting makes my eyes look red too. In natural light they are fine as well. I've been told that flourescent lighting is a big trigger for ocular rosacea so I assume this is the reason. (Keep in mind you can have ocular rosacea without having any facial rosacea symptoms. Lots of information about it in the web.)

Comment

I have the same problem with instant redness the minute I walk in a store or doctor's office. I asked my eye doctor about it and he didn't have a clue other than the air in malls and stores are so dry. But I do think has something to do with the flourescent lighting. I finally found a cool pair of tinted sunglasses that aren't real dark but have a tint to them and hide my red eyes and aren't too dark to wear inside.
      Believe me you are not alone!

Comment

that makes me feel better!!!
        people also suggest that sometimes its the chemicals that are in the area (cleaning stuff etc)
        i work in a pathology lab and OH LORD i wont go there! haha

Comment

Hi Vivian,
          Fluorescent light is a killer. I worked in an office with fluorescent lighting, and sometimes wore sunglasses inside!

Comment

Working...
          X