Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camelina oil

Hi,

I'm a 26 year old male suffering from rosacea and ocular roseacea for the best part of a year now. It all started after i bought a moisturizing cream that contained retinol. I didn't know what retinol was at the time and simply bought the moisturizer because it said "new" on it and was heavily advertised. It seems to be progressing rapidly, especially in my eyes. I've tried everything from lid scrubs (which really irritates my eyes), hot compresses, preservative free drops...my eyelids seem to be hypersensitive to everything that touches them, even cucumber. I'm currently on doxycycline but have seen no improvement since i started it 2 months ago. I think the problem lies with my eyelids, which are really red and inflamed. I use a moisturizer for hypersensitive skin on my face which I think is really helping the rosacea on my face. I'm just wondering is there such a moisturizer for eyes and eyelids? I tried castor oil recently but that irritated my cunjunctivi. I'm thinking of trying camelina oil next beacuse I read a journal on this forum that suggested it did not irritate the conjunctivi like castor oil did. it is also supposed to be very high in omega 3 and vitamin e which i think would be good for my eyes and eyelids. Has anyone tried it? I really want to but am afraid of causing further damage to my already frail eyes and eyelids. Here's the link to the journal I read: http://www.iovs.org/content/48/11/5000.long

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to reading any replies
Working...
X