Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna book a dermatologist as this is doing my head in now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna book a dermatologist as this is doing my head in now!

Seen a doctor recently and what a pathetic excuse for a GP as I explained I have swollen red eyelids all the time and now losing lots of lashes...all they could say was use baby shampoo ..do heat blah blah blah

These white waxy crusts are growing ever quicker as I abandoned lid scrubs due to irrittation..recently tried blephasol and it made my lids itchy and sore and caused very strange systemic side effects..ie : body weakness.numbness in the neck and head,confusion,irritability and that was no placebo as I ceased using it and got better after a few days..oh how great it is being the hypersensitive type

I have become scared to try anything now due to these problems..my options left to remove hard waxy scales are olive oil,Vaseline ,head and shoulders ,sterilid ,ocusoft plus.

Just worried that olive oil will burn my eyes and maybe even head and shoulders would to ..but I have to remove these crust as they are spreading and I'm worried they could grow into the inner eyelid ? Would I have to leave olive oil on over night? How Long and often should I use head and shoulders for? Would Vaseline loosen these crusts !

I'm also now loosing lots of lashes and where lashes fell out it was itchy! Does this mean it staph related or demodex mites?

Please Help I'm getting desperate again...is a dermatologist a good move? As what can they do?

Thanks so much friends...
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Hi

It wouldn't do any harm to see a dermatologist but you would need to choose someone who had an interest in this field. I saw someone several years ago and he prescribed Nizoral cream. It helped for quite some time but then it ceased to have any effect.

I had thick black lashes to begin with but they are pretty sparse these days. They grow in all sorts of angles and some have lost pigment. They are very sore to the touch and tend to fall out very easily - hence they are different lengths!

Sorry that I cannot advise on what to use because my eyes are so sensitive - I've tried so many things and I think that some of them made matters worse. I tried Blephasol and certainly didn't get the strange reaction that you did. (Did you contact the manufacturer or supplier to ask if there was a link?)

I tried olive oil and it irritated the eyes. Castor oil was marginally better but it makes my eyes feel very `clogged up' so I seldom use it now. Vaseline would drive my eyes mad because I'm sensitive to petrolatum. I had a very severe reaction to Cyclosporine because it contained petrolatum; my eyes felt as though they were bulging out of their sockets. I had to contact the manufacturer via Moorfields hospital and it was taken very seriously. It was a dreadul few weeks.

I'm so sorry, I realise I have been nothing but negative here.

Comment

Right i saw an optholomogist today as planned and it was another wasted visit if you ask me, all he said i had was seborrheic Eczema and gave me steroids and nizoral and told to wash my face and head twice a week with it, he also said i wont ever be able to remove the crusts as they will allways grow back and when i questioned him on the crusts spreading he said they wont ???

He was very unknowledgeable on the subject of bleph/mgd etc and i felt i was asking and answering all my on questions for the mere some of a £100, bloody ell people no more on here than him ..maybe we should all be skin and eye docs...ahahahahahaaa!!
      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Working...
      X