eyes and mds in calgary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes and mds in calgary

I went to my family doctor today, the fourth time in two months. I have seen my opthalmologist more times than that. My Optho is Dr. Goel. He is a very nice man with a quiet manner. He has just put plugs in my eyes. He also put me on restasis 2x a day. He told me that there was not a cure for dry eye, especially living in Calgary, which has little precipitation and very desert like. He said that he cannot guarantee that any of the treatments will work, but his job is to make my eyes more comfortable in my head. I appreciate this. I am not one for false promises. All I can say is that my eyes do feel a lot better than when I first went to him, but not good enough to go back to work. I feel he is very approachable. My family doctor, Sonya Lee is a godsend. I was in a deep depression when I saw her in the beginning of May. She counselled me and told me not to worry about work, she would take care of all the paperwork and we would do checkups every 2 weeks. My job was to rest and care for myself. I was in her office for over an hour. I am lucky to have a doctor like her.

Hi Glenda:

Do you have a diagnosis for your dry eye problem?...F/G

Comment

my diagnosis is keratoconjunctivitis sicca, which is just a fancy name for dry eye. I simply do not make enough tears for my eyes. I think it is a menopause thing. The tears do not stay on the eye for the required amount of time. They break up after 2 sec. The good thing is that I am still making some tears.

Comment

Glenda: Check out this thread if you haven't already...

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...he-Mucus-Layer

Comment

Working...
        X