Dy Eye Sufferers in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dy Eye Sufferers in Australia

Is there any other SS extreme dry eye sufferers in Australia? What have you found to help?

Hi Giraffes1703, sorry it has taken so long for me to post but I have been lurking on the boards for a while so needed to register first.
    I also have Sjogrens and live in Sydney. Dry eye is my main symptom but I would only describe it as moderate. I have had to give away my contacts but can usually get away with only using drops two to three times a day. The symptoms are worst in the morning although air con and sometimes the car also bother me. I have found a thick padded sleep mask helps a lot, although one day I will try some sleep goggles. I like viscotears at night, and systane ultra during the day. If my eyes are irritated viscotears seems to be the most soothing along with cold compresses.
    Warm compresses seem to irritate my eyes.
    I have been using the veterinary cyclosporine ointment (long story but it is easily the most convenient form for me to access) for about 2 months - I think it has helped, especially my good eye. The bad eye is taking much longer to respond. I only use it once a day (at night) as when I try to use it in the morning my eyes are irritated for a few hours.

If you haven't already looked there may be more information on the Sjogrens World forum for you.

In regards to your other post - my opthalmologist has been wonderful in treating 5 members of my family with various eye complaints over a long period of time, however as I was only diagnosed with Sjogrens earlier this year I am still undecided whether she is really on the ball with Sjogrens/dry eye

I hope this is at least a little helpful to you.

Comment

I am trying to find somewhere in Sydney to get moisture chamber goggles. Do you know anywhere?

Comment

You could try Sightmakers in Carlingford or I think I have seen an eye doctor or optometrist in the CBD listed as a stockist on the Tranquileyes website.

Comment

No they dont seem to exist anymore. There is one place - Individual Eye Care in Cronulla - an optomotrist which seems to be able to help. So I will try this.

Comment

I've always ordered my son's tranquil eyes and goggles from the Dry Eye Shop, they come in a less than 2 weeks. If you are near Cronulla the Optician at Southgate sells Wiley X glasses which with the "gasket" inside are great for daytime wear for photophobia and moisture retention. I find the staff there really helpful.

Comment

Working...
            X