Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lens fitter in Hong Kong / China

Hi buddies,

I searched the places for scleral lens fit close to Hong Kong for a year. As going to have PROSE fitting in USA is too expensive for me living in Hong Kong / China, most of the issuance planes in Hong Kong do not cover the fee for contact lens devices.

Ultimately, I find Dr. Samuel who's PhD in Optometry. He's nice and helpful. He fitted me with a lemon shaped scleral lens as he said it match better with my eye white. The lens is huge. But I immediately sense the reduced tendency to have blink when reading my iPhone.

For other China buddies, scleral lens is worthy to try if you got severe dry eye.

http://www.eye.hk/bbs/zboard.php?id=...desc=asc&no=49

Woods

Originally posted by woods View Post
    Hi buddies,

I searched the places for scleral lens fit close to Hong Kong for a year. As going to have PROSE fitting in USA is too expensive for me living in Hong Kong / China, most of the issuance planes in Hong Kong do not cover the fee for contact lens devices.

Ultimately, I find Dr. Samuel who's PhD in Optometry. He's nice and helpful. He fitted me with a lemon shaped scleral lens as he said it match better with my eye white. The lens is huge. But I immediately sense the reduced tendency to have blink when reading my iPhone.

For other China buddies, scleral lens is worthy to try if you got severe dry eye.

http://www.eye.hk/bbs/zboard.php?id=...desc=asc&no=49

Woods
    Hi Woods,

Can you share how much did you pay for it?

I lives in SG, and there is a SG Eye Centre here, but the Scleral lens costs a bomb here, was told it costs S$8K

Comment

They charged me HK$12000. They also waived me the charge for lens modification. But you do be prepare to visit the center several times for fine tune or modification of the lenses.

Comment

Thanks mate, they have replied to me.........same price as what you paid.

Comment

Does this place or any other place in hong kong/ china do IPL?

Comment

Working...
          X