Dallas/Ft. Worth support group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas/Ft. Worth support group

Would anyone in this area be interested in forming a des meeting group. I have a good group of friends, but not one understands any of this hell that is dry eye. I would be willing to form a group if anyone else is interested in this area. Please let me know. Bianca
    Lasik victim 2012

I don't get on here much anymore, but I would certainly entertain the idea. Rebecca might have some good words of wisdom, likely there are other "cities" that have done this in the past.

Comment

I am open to idea

Comment

Great idea, kudos to jax8it for being willing to get something like this going! I've always wished I could find an organized way to help people get local support groups going but it's just one of those things I knew I'd never have enough time to do properly so I haven't. But I'm here if anybody wants help or ideas. Libraries often have meeting rooms you can book for this purpose. Also it may be a good idea to talk with a local Sjogrens support group leader - either to team up, or do something back to back, or just to pick their brain as most of them have been doing it a long time and have the skinny on the good dry eye docs locally.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you Rebecca. You are tuly an amazing person.

I will check into that.
          Lasik victim 2012

Comment

I would be interested as well!

Comment

I do want to add, if a support group ends up getting formed, I can only do weekends. I work and go to school m-f.
              It won't be like that forever. but as of right now that is the only time I am free.

Comment

I may be open to the idea. However I may be in a different world. My dry eye stems from SJS/TENS. If there were a few of yall with that same syndrome that would be great for me,

Comment

I would love to join a support group but I am in Houston. Maybe phone pals??

Comment

Working...
                  X