Perry Rosenthal, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Rosenthal, MD

Dr. Rosenthal, founder of Boston Foundation for Sight, is a very, very special man who has impacted countless lives all over the world through his development of PROSE lenses, many other professional achievements and most recently his groundbreaking research into diagnosing and seeking out unique treatments for poorly understood corneal pain syndromes.

I understand Dr. Rosenthal is no longer with Boston Foundation for Sight. He is such a well loved figure as well as an institution that I thought this would be a good opportunity for those of us who know him to post tributes and let him know what a difference he has made in our lives.

I will just start by saying that I've had the pleasure of speaking with a great many of his patients over the years, some of whom have known him for a very long time. They all speak of him in the same terms, with affection and gratitude for what he's done and most of all for his compassion. He just seems to understand so much better than most other doctors what this is all about.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Could not agree more, Rebecca! It is hard to think of BFS without him. Do you know if he has retired? I am one of his very recent patient and in this short period and interactions, have noticed these - he was indeed an outstanding doctor from different generation altogether, always Eager-to-Learn even small things from patients, readily accepts limits of his knowledge, not behaving like a typical doctors – humble, compassionate & caring, listening to his patients no matter how busy he is, devoting time for on-going issues and keeping in touch with patients on a regular basis, willing to work with patient’s other doctors as a team. I always felt like he is passionate about working for the interest of the subject and not for monetary gains. During my visit to him, he is the only doctor who listened to my daily regimen, detailed history; moreover, he asked me to share some of my regimens with fellow patients visiting BFS at that time which influenced me immensely; e.g., things like use of Plastic wrap as sleep mask for night-time protection. I think the great, caring & innovative institution that we find at BFS, is greatly because of him.

His departure from BFS has dealt a big blow to his eye pain patients and I am highly concerned about the future of eye pain work. Does anyone know if he is going to continue with his research outside of BFS? Hope he does continue to serve the patients with his work for a long time to come.

Comment

I don't know exactly what his current status is. But I spoke with BFS' medical director today who assured me they will be continuing work in eye pain and also mentioned a number of signs that eye pain research is picking up in the profession in general, with a number of examples. They're going to be sending me some info & links and I will post more as it becomes available. I understand they're working really hard to ensure good continuity of care of Dr. Rosenthal's pain patients.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I feel the same way shanku...I hope Dr. Rosenthal knows how very much he was appreciated and loved by his patients. He gave me hope for neuropathic pain and was truly compassionate. I'm not sure where I turn now for help and how to find a Dr. who will not only care, but will be as determined and interested in finding a successful treatment.

Comment

Working...
        X