Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Moorfield eye hospital - has anybody had a follow-up appt? Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Moorfield eye hospital - has anybody had a follow-up appt? Is it worth it?

Hello,

I went there almost three months ago. Was diagnosed with dry eyes and evaporative eye condition. Treatment - restasis, Doxy, Blephastem goggles, preservative drops and ointment + plugs+ O3,6,9 oil.

I don't feel much difference from the treatment. What did make a difference was cutting out all allergens.

Would you advise to go there again? It's extremely difficult for me to travel to London with mobility issues, and the cost is high. Can they actually offer anything dramatically different? Don't want to make such a massive effort for an offer to try other drops/ointments.

Any advice welcome.

Hello. It is worth finding out the names of the consultants at the eye clinic at your local hospital, and google them to see if they are Moorfields trained. I did that as it is also a long way for me to travel. I chose my consultant at my local hospital who was Moorfields trained, and she seems to revisit Moorfields to keep up with all the new treatments. I see her about every two months for follow up. I have evaporative dry eyes, MGD Blepharitis. I have been through several different eye drops, anti allergy drops, Doxy etc. etc. Currently Blephasteam goggles, Systane drops, Flaxseed oil. Have just completed a course of Azyter drops which gave me more relief as Doxy didnt really help me. I am seeing her again soon, and i think it is worth it to keep going back to see them as tweaking the treatment has given me some relief. Hope that helps. Hope your treatments help.

Comment

Who are you guys seeing at moorfields?

Can you PM me the name of a good opth there.

Thanks.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
      X