No announcement yet.

WANTED: recent LASIK patient, preferably 2010 or later who had a bad outcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: recent LASIK patient, preferably 2010 or later who had a bad outcome

no longer relevant, so deleted this.
    Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 21:58.

I hope this is ok Rebecca...
    ABSOLUTELY!

SAAG, is there a preference for a Canadian patient or can they be from anywhere?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

He didn't specify that it had to be Cdn. patient... since it was an FDA thing that he mentioned specifically, I'm sure a U.S. patient would be of interest also. And who knows, maybe even from elsewhere in the world... it can't hurt to make contact and find out, right?

Comment

SAAG,
        I had it performed in March 2011. According to the surgical records I think I was a good candidate if I'm reading it right. I still have had devastating effects from the procedure. I don't know if it's too late for my input but I'd be glad to give it!

Comment

Hi Phillip, thanks SO much for stepping up! I'll pm you the producer's contact info.. check your messages!

Comment

I just got an update from the producer that they shot the interview. The show will air on Friday, Feb 8 on Global at 10 p m ET/PT, 9pm CT and 8pm AT/MT. (The show's name is 16:9)

Thanks so much to all who were brave and came forward to volunteer and speak with him - you did a really good thing!

Comment

SAAG,

I have seen your original interview last year on youtube and had no idea that was you! It was a 2 part series on youtube. wow. How are your eyes now? I remember you had cautery done with variable results.

I am also a lasik related case. The list goes on with what I have tried. Last year I tried scleral contact lenses which helped dry eye but they made me very very dizzy to the point where I could not drive safely. 8 pairs of scleral contact lenses later, we have not found a way for me to wear the scleral lenses without feeling dizzy.

I still have the punctal plugs and have been using freshkote here and there, and also Lacriserts when I am at home.
              I'm going in to see the ophthalmologist for consultation on cautery for my uppper punctae

Hope you are doing well ! How are your eyes doing now? (I hope much much better)

Best,
              Royal
              RG
              "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

Comment

Originally posted by wantsim View Post
                How are your eyes now? I remember you had cautery done with variable results.
                Eyes have improved since my trip to the Boston Foundation for Sight... Dr. Perry Rosenthal was there at the time, and he started me on an LED light machine (can do a search for threads started by me to find more info... I posted about it), started me on naltrexone 0.0035% eyedrops twice daily, plus dextromethorphan syrup 4 times daily (for neuropathic pain)... something about this regimen has helped, and I can now do more than I could before (specifically, more time on the computer... as in LOTS more time... whoo hoo!... I have a little side project that requires time on the computer, so I'm thrilled to be able to devote more time to it)

I am also a lasik related case. The list goes on with what I have tried. Last year I tried scleral contact lenses which helped dry eye but they made me very very dizzy to the point where I could not drive safely. 8 pairs of scleral contact lenses later, we have not found a way for me to wear the scleral lenses without feeling dizzy.
                Yeah, weird how those lenses can be somewhat disorienting, huh... although I didn't experience dizziness like you described, they did make my vision seem weird at times... was strange (I couldn't tolerate the lenses long-term though, so don't wear them)

I still have the punctal plugs and have been using freshkote here and there, and also Lacriserts when I am at home.
                I'm going in to see the ophthalmologist for consultation on cautery for my uppper punctae
                Good luck with the cautery!! I have permanent lower plugs and my uppers cauterized.
                Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 21:59.

Comment

SAAG, great to hear that your eyes are better !!! You sound like you have increased activities of daily living, as well as increase in quality of life :-)
                  So I had argon laser cautery (ALC), where he zapped the punctum for about 30 seconds to create a superficial closure and was told that apparently it is easier to reverse. It has helped so far. It's been less than a week and it certainly is better with the ALC.

Do you get the naltrexone drops from Leiters compounding pharmacy in San Jose?

Dextromethorphan syrup 4 times a day is very interesting. That is a cough medication. Do you obtain it over the counter or prescription? How many milligrams dosage is each dosage? and do you take 1 teaspoon 4 times a day.
                  I'd be interested to looking at the off label uses of dextromethorphan.

Do you still wear glasses now? More for vision correction or for dry eye prevention?

Thanks! have a great day!
                  RG
                  "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

Comment

Working...
                  X