Looking for Doctor Upstate New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Doctor Upstate New York

Hi, I am looking for a progressive minded doctor in upstate New York Elmira area. Rochester, Binghampton, northern PA

One that has an expanded knowledge, or even specialty in DES.

And that is comfortable with new age ideas like prescribing 3% castor oil emulsions for compounding, upper punctal plugs, or even testosterone eye cream.

Every doctor i see in this area has little or no familiarity with even "on books" procedures, in addition to thinking dry eye is just a discomfort solved by OTC drops.

HELP!

Originally posted by Sulindac View Post
    Hi, I am looking for a progressive minded doctor in upstate New York Elmira area. Rochester, Binghampton, northern PA

One that has an expanded knowledge, or even specialty in DES.

And that is comfortable with new age ideas like prescribing 3% castor oil emulsions for compounding, upper punctal plugs, or even testosterone eye cream.

Every doctor i see in this area has little or no familiarity with even "on books" procedures, in addition to thinking dry eye is just a discomfort solved by OTC drops.

HELP!
    Dr. Robert Latkany (212) 689-2020 has an office in Purchase, NY. He specializes in DES and is probably the most knowledgeable doc you will find on the subject in this area. He is conservative however and not a big fan of new age.

Comment

James Aquavella at U of Rochester. Head of cornea. Don't know specifically where he stands on specialty compounded/hormonal stuff, but they do quite a wide range of dry eye treatments there (including sclerals I believe), he has an excellent reputation and I've known some of his patients. If I were in that region that's who I'd try first.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I tried James Aquavella, but he is retired now

Comment

Working...
        X