Appointment with Dr. Tseng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment with Dr. Tseng

Finally, I have decided to fly to Miami and meet Dr. Tseng. I have an appointment with him on this wednesday. I will let you know how it goes.

please do, I saw him a month ago. Im curious to see what he tells you!
    miserable in Miami...

Comment

He did bunch of tests. Surprisingly, I am not showing clinical symptoms of dry eyes, except for veins and redness. My aqueous tear test are all good (all the tests I scored greater than 15). TBUT is good and MGs are good, oil coming out with very little pressure. Tear meniscus is normal/good. I have been taking large doses of fish oil and doing warm compresses lately. Guess they are helping a lot. Demodex test -found 3 mites in 8 lashes. Lids are little droopy, but not bad.

My eyes/veins get easily inflamed and become red when using computer or at malls or outside. After listening to my whole history of symptoms, he told me that over years with contact lens wear and heavy computer use, my blink rate has gone down along with corneal sensitvity. And then I had LASIK which made it worse. Dr. Tseng told me that my glands are all in good condition, I have to blink more frequently and harder. He told me that from today on my important thing to do daily whenever I am free is to blink consciously every 5 secs. Overtime, the blink rate would return to normal if done religiously. He is confident that my redness and veins will subside or go away.

I was hoping that I had conjuctivachalasis and I would get the veins removed along with that. He said I don't have any conjuctiva wrinkling/chalasis, and not to think about any surgeries.

Even though I am not happy with the outcome, I am very satisfied with the diagnosis. Since I went so far, I asked him for vitamin A cream. From today on I am going to add blinking and vitamin a cream to my routine. My next steps are to try Prokera, lipiflow and allergy shots. I am a stomach sleeper and he said that could contribute to nighttime dryness/redness. I am going to sleep on my back from now on. He also suggested to check for sleep apnea.

Comment

he told me the same thing about blinking. I have the same problem with the inflamation while using the computer or in cold areas like malls or windy areas. He didnt give me Vitamin A cream but a lipid ointment. What is the vitamin cream supposed to help you with?

thanks for the update!
        miserable in Miami...

Comment

It is retinoic acid ointment that you put on your lid margins at night.

Comment

thanks, Im going to ask him about it when I see him again!
            miserable in Miami...

Comment

Why on earth would you put retinoic acid on your eyelids at night! Members of the retinoid family are known to cause dry eye by decreasing meibomian gland function. There is even a do no apply at night warning on certain retinoids due to the fact that it could get near your eye.

Comment

I live in Florida and it would be relatively easy for me to see this doctor. For those of you who saw him, do you think it was a positive and helpful experience?

I too am confused about the Vit. A cream as I have used it in the past when my skin was oily. Can you clarify a little? Also, has it helped? That would be great!!!

Comment

Hello surya

I have sent you a private message, could you please check it?

I am sorry if my english is not perfect... I am portuguese.

All the best

Comment

How does one go about increasing their blink rate conciously. Any suggestions?

Comment

I think the hard thing is to not only blink but do a complete blink instead of a flutter .
                      http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                        I live in Florida and it would be relatively easy for me to see this doctor. For those of you who saw him, do you think it was a positive and helpful experience?
                        I am also in Florida and considering seeing Dr. Tseng. Seems like people generally have positive experiences, but I haven't really seen anyone say "I saw him and have since improved." Anyone have thoughts on that?

Comment

Working...
                        X