No announcement yet.

Looking for Schleral Lens Provider in Northern CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having said all that, if I were to recommend doctors/facilities, my first choice would be laserfitlens.com (Dr. G)'s custom lenses. They are the quickest fit, least expensive (of my top 3), low profile (I have very weak muscle tone in my lid of my bad eye, so any weight or bulk makes my eye not close completely), cheapest for replacements, and absolute best fit in terms of comfort and functionality (lens is milled perfectly to a scan of your eye). And they correct for astigmatism, regular vision correction, and high order abberations - so vision is awesome. So much so that I bought a second one for my eye that is normal. The downside is that you have to travel to Texas for a week to get one made because the process is patented and not available elsewhere.

I think Eyeprintpro.com has just edged out PROSE my 2nd choice. Eyeprint pro seems to produce well customized lenses (lens is milled perfectly based on a hardened blue mold taken of your eye), and it's exciting that they talk about training practitioners to use their system. They are very new though, and information is pretty limited, so I'm eager to learn more. I wrote them some questions quite a while ago, but never received a response. It sounds very promising though!

For a very close 3rd place I'd say any PROSE clinic (but Boston if you can do it). BostonSight has lots of funds to do testing and research, and to provide extensive training to their providers. Their prices are a bit shocking when you first get a quote, but I was impressed by how well they've perfected the billing process - they can often get insurance companies to pay for part of the lens. Plus they cover 6 months of adjustments in their base fee. Unfortunately my insurance was one of the ones that would not "pre-approve" anything - I would have had to get the lenses and then bill insurance and "hope for the best" (paying out of pocket if it was denied). They use a multiple-trial lens process of lenses milled in house to find a good fit for your eye. Their experience is very high, and their reputation is excellent. Lots and lots of people are happily wearing PROSE lenses. And they have tons of information available at bostonsight.org .

Comment

Thank you very much L8rgator! Great information, and thank you for spending so much time responding. I really appreciate everything you have added. Hopefully, the fitting will go well, but I have never been able to successfully wear regular contact lenses be they hard or soft, so I am hopeful, but also realistic. Thank you again for so much great info.

Comment

Working...
      X